Gp Device Plugin

Rikku2000

Okey, Guys i write some code done for GP2X,WIZ,CAANOO its for the Features on CAANOO at most

Whats supported: Touchscreen, 3G Sensor, Haptic, Input

Download: ZIP
gph_engine.zip

This is extremely useful, I've been developing something and it has been on hold for a while because I couldn't figure out how to integrate the touchscreen (without SDL hastle), thanks!

im having trouble getting this to run. It compiles, but then stalls when i try to run it on my caanoo. Tried porting the touchscreen stuff into something I made and it crashes. Is there a library im missing (libts.so)?

for those having problems, with me, on my caanoo everything seems to work except the touchscreen handling part. If you remove -DTOUCH it compiles and runs on the caanoo without touchscreen of course. If leave -DOTUCH in the make file i get a segmentation fault. No clue why but i don't really need it, i think one can use touchscreen handling in sdl although not sure.

EDIT: seems there are other things that are not working with me but the tilt sensor works and that's basically all i needed. I don't know why it does not work no intrest in finding out, but i do know i have an old firmware .06 or something. so just play with the defines and see what you can get working.

you know its only plugin no no app for test you need some screen init to use anything, if you compile and start its normal you got SegFault.

Rikku2000 said:
you know its only plugin no no app for test you need some screen init to use anything, if you compile and start its normal you got SegFault.

how come you did not mention that anywhere in the sources :) looking at the code i don't see a reason why a screen init is needed, and since it created a engine.gpe it's easy to make the mistake and think it will work out of the box as a normall app. Ah well the sensor part is all i really needed if i can get my crap game to run anyway keeps hanging on initing sdl_mixer it never returns from that MIX_OpenAudio. Nothing related to this though, just thought i mentioned it to see if someone came by the same problem :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back