Got my pandora, but also got some problems...

Gruntfuggly

Mostly Harmless
Website
www.zaonce.com
1. Using PNDmanager, when I try to remove anything when I press 'B' for yes, it doesn't do anything - exactly the same as pressing 'A' for no?

2. In the file manager, it won't let me view the contents of the SD card - is this normal?

3. In PCSX Rearmed, how do I enable the nubs for analog controls? The settings suggest they should be working, but they don't...

Apart from that, this thing is pretty awesome...

1) seems odd

2) not normal at all (maybe related to 1)..  What filesystem is your SD card formatted to?

3) remember not all games supported analog controls on the PSX controller.. the first controllers didn't even have them..

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. No Clue
  2. No Idea
  3. Fire up PCSX-ReArmed --> Load the game you want -->  Press SPACE --> Go to Controls --> Go to Port 1 device --> Press Right on Dpad to select Analog (SCPH-1150) --> Press Down on Dpad 5 times and press B to "Save cfg for loaded game"

Last edited by a moderator:
1 Did you install the PND you are trying to remove with PNDManager?

Do you have the codec pack installed as this allows access to some disk formats that aren't supported out of the box.

1) are you pressing the A/B on the keyboard, or the A/B face buttons like you should?

2) I found that Thunar would not let me browse deeper than certain directories on my SD card on SZ1.52.  No idea what caused that, and I didn't investigate since I do most things on the command line anyway.  Since upgrading to SZ1.55 though, it seems to have fixed itself.

Thanks for all the replies!

@TrashyMG - it's FAT32 - what's the recommended format for the Pandora?

@Shenmue - that was the trick for the analogs - thanks!

@Ian J - yes - used the PNDmanager - I also tried uninstalling using the original PNDstore, but that doesn't even recognise that the app was installed. I haven't installed the codec pack - I'll give that a try.

@DaMummy - I'm using A and B buttons next to the right nub.

@Levi - I'm already on 1.55. 

Check the write protect tab on the SD card.

On some of my SD cards they have become very loose and I have had to superglue them in the unlocked position as they kept getting switched to write protect mode upon insertion.

Fat32 should be fine.. eXFAT/NTFS require additional PNDs to make work.

General rule of thumb if PND manager or milkyhelper are behaving strangely is to go into pandora/appdata on your SD card and deleting the libpndman and pndmanager appdata folders (and possibly the milkyhelper folder - never used it yet personally). The folders will be recreated fine, albeit maybe causing a slight delay next time you start the management apps, but any database corruption problems should be fixed.

Tried Levi's suggestion but it didn't make any difference, so I've reformatted the card and started again and it seems to have cured my first two problems.

Thanks for your help!

Back