Googlewhack Experiment

wolly wotsit

ad astra per alia porci
Website
Visit site
in IT class ive been asked to find 10 friends and ask them to googlewhack anything totally random and print out my results, id rathr do it wit u guys so..... go ahead, top ten results will win absoloutly bugger all.

BTW no ponchos, they do not deserve to be in this thread as they are evil

Goity posted on Dec 8 2004 at 04:48 PM said:
GOOGLEWHACK?

go 2 google and type sumthing random, it has to be two un related words i forgo to mention it can be pics or words
ill get u started
1i typed:fanny toast
I got:
hamleys_2.jpg

2 i typed: gba drugs
i got:
paf_05_1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
neither of those is a googlewhack

a googlewhack is when 2 random words display only 1 result

when wacking follow these rules

1. Your two Googlefactors must exist in Google's view of this dictionary. Google does the work, and Google has the final word! In the blue bar atop your Google results, accepted terms are linked to dictionary.com, and so appear 'underlined.' No line, no link = Googlejack! (As in, You've got jack, so see the FAQ :)

2. Google also is the arbiter of a whack's uniqueness. Look to the right end of the blue bar atop your Google results. If you see "Results 1 - 1 of (any number),' you found exactly one hit = Googlewhack!

3. Google shows you an excerpt of the page you whacked. Look at that text. If it's merely a list of words (such as a bibliography, concordance, encyclopedia, glossary, thesaurus, or dictionary), No Whack For You!

i got one for warmonger dentine but it was just a page with a webhosting advert on the top, and a big list of words at the bottom. so I guess it doesn't count...

mattmagoo posted on Dec 8 2004 at 05:54 PM said:
neither of those is a googlewhack

a googlewhack is when 2 random words display only 1 result

when wacking follow these rules

1. Your two Googlefactors must exist in Google's view of this dictionary. Google does the work, and Google has the final word! In the blue bar atop your Google results, accepted terms are linked to dictionary.com, and so appear 'underlined.' No line, no link = Googlejack! (As in, You've got jack, so see the FAQ :)

2. Google also is the arbiter of a whack's uniqueness. Look to the right end of the blue bar atop your Google results. If you see "Results 1 - 1 of (any number),' you found exactly one hit = Googlewhack!

3. Google shows you an excerpt of the page you whacked. Look at that text. If it's merely a list of words (such as a bibliography, concordance, encyclopedia, glossary, thesaurus, or dictionary), No Whack For You!

Magoo's got it. Who's the guy that did it on his show again? David something ....

this is what I don't get about googlewhacks... Wouldn't they automaticly stop being googlewhacks when they get posted on other pages like that one?
Yup. That's why I suggest if WW wants people to search for some it might be a good idea for anyone who finds one to take a screenshot.

Ringo posted on Dec 9 2004 at 02:46 AM said:
BaDToaD posted on Dec 8 2004 at 11:07 PM said:
http://www.googlewhack.com/tally.pl

Don't blame me I'd never heard of the things until I read this thread.

this is what I don't get about googlewhacks... Wouldn't they automaticly stop being googlewhacks when they get posted on other pages like that one?
Maybe the page is blocked from search results or the listed googlewacks are blocked from search results, cuz I just tried that. So they are still Googlewacks....unless we post them here.... :) <_< :)

Has anybody just made a page and all their meta tags contain stupid random words? And then they could proclaim themselves the king of Googlewhacking.

kknd_cf posted on Dec 9 2004 at 04:09 PM said:
Has anybody just made a page and all their meta tags contain stupid random words? And then they could proclaim themselves the king of Googlewhacking.
LOL
Might try that sometime, or set it as a challenge for spam fisher, that might keep him busy 4 a while

wolly_wotsit posted on Dec 9 2004 at 04:34 PM said:
kknd_cf posted on Dec 9 2004 at 04:09 PM said:
LOL
Might try that sometime, or set it as a challenge for 'spam head' fisher, that might keep him busy 4 a while

"spam head"

excuse me?

who you calling loco buddy?

its spam fisher, that is what he named back in the day, thus he will remain.

wolly_wotsit the elephant in your sig scares me ^^^at least for the browser, it works.....sadly, i dont know my ip, else i could be REALLY scared

yeah, it does that, dont worry no-one else can see ur details not even me, the all see-ing eyeball.

if you want one pop down to www.danasoft.co.uk
you can choose between an aardvark, an escvaped convict, a mouse, and a hairy dude, and can input your own little messages

Back