Good place for a 1GB SD card?

Blue Protoman

First, context; my brother lost a 1GB SD card of mine I use for my camera. So now he's gotta replace it. I happen to know that eBay is not a good place for SD cards (thanks, Prometheus!). I do not plan on using this card on my Pandora (with the possible exception of browsing some photos I take). The card's requirements are;

-Preferably 1GB only (if 2's all that's available, fine too)

-Price doesn't matter too much (I'm not paying for it. ;) )

-Class does not matter.

By the way, I'm in the USA, if that helps. Anybody mind pointing me to a good place to look? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
first, have you looked anywhere?

second, have you checked newegg?

third, youre gonna get a much better deal on at least 4gb, 1gb sd cards are useless these days, its easier to find a 1gb micro at least

fourth, you better off figuring out what you spent on the sd card and have him give you that amount, youre likely to buy an 8gb sd card at the price you paid for 1gb

first, have you looked anywhere?

second, have you checked newegg?

third, youre gonna get a much better deal on at least 4gb, 1gb sd cards are useless these days, its easier to find a 1gb micro at least

fourth, you better off figuring out what you spent on the sd card and have him give you that amount, youre likely to buy an 8gb sd card at the price you paid for 1gb

The card actually came with the camera. And I've never heard of newegg.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, seems that newegg is the place to go. The cards sold there ARE legitimate, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to the wonderful world of NewEgg, now that you know, you NewEgg. newegg is 100% legit with all their stuff, best online store for anything even closely related to computers, at least in the usa, superbiiz is worth checking out sometimes, they dont have as much stuff, but are cheaper in price sometimes, and are owned by newegg even...dont ever bother spending more money on shipping from newegg, ive ordered multiple items on days before noon, with regular, sometimes even free shipping, only for the item to arrive the next day, a few months ago, newegg started slacking in their handling department, so people would get hard drives that were bouncing around the box and came DOA, this has been resolved in the last few months, so any stories you hear about that have been resolved. so yes, NewEgg is the place to go

welcome to the wonderful world of NewEgg, now that you know, you NewEgg. newegg is 100% legit with all their stuff, best online store for anything even closely related to computers, at least in the usa, superbiiz is worth checking out sometimes, they dont have as much stuff, but are cheaper in price sometimes, and are owned by newegg even...dont ever bother spending more money on shipping from newegg, ive ordered multiple items on days before noon, with regular, sometimes even free shipping, only for the item to arrive the next day, a few months ago, newegg started slacking in their handling department, so people would get hard drives that were bouncing around the box and came DOA, this has been resolved in the last few months, so any stories you hear about that have been resolved. so yes, NewEgg is the place to go

Good to hear, thanks! I'll let my brother know.

Back