Good Old Games

Spykez

So inspired by the worst game ever thread, I Thought I would post this link.

http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/

No this is not me trying to advertise...sorta, more like making everyone aware of it who might find it useful. Good Old Games is owned by the developers of "The Witcher" game that came out recently (cdprojekt).

Basically their aim is to bring back the old great titles (some even chosen by the customers themselves upon voting), and what they do is make damn sure it works on the newer os's and it removes ANY drm period, for a cheap price.

I own quite a few titles on there and recently spellforce. I never bought the game due to using starforce protection, which the game is now DRM free.

A buddy of mine I built a huge gaming rig for can't get crysis to start up for the life of him, after patching and everything, game keeps crashing, yet duke3d from GOG.com starts up instantly no issues.

Old old titles they personally code dosbox into the game themselves, so you don't ever have to touch anything other than the .exe to start the game. Hope you guys enjoy it :) I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on old games already :)

I love the site as well. Good ethics and good deals is a great combination! :) Seeing as some of the games they have will run on the Pandora and other Linux handhelds, maybe we could get them to make a special section for games packaged ready to run on Linux handhelds?

Gruso said:
I believe there is a certain GP32Xer who purchased their entire catalogue. :eek:

thatd be fucking insane, I've got most of interplays titles :), LOOOOVE Giants: citizen kabuto

Last edited by a moderator:
Spykez said:
LOOOOVE Giants: citizen kabuto
It's a great game with very funny cutscenes. I should dig it up in the attic and give it another whirl
laugh.gif

Enverex said:
Glad I'm not the only one that loved that game...

"Gordon! Bennett! Get your arses down 'ere now!"

I actually DONT know anyone who has played it disliked it.

I hated it. Controls sucked. Could be that I was playing the PS2 version though.

The bit about being compatible with modern OSes is definitely appealing with GoG.

Back