Gmenu2x Issues

zlwilly

Still Fresh
I own a :gp2x f200 B.

Using the newest beta of gmenu2x, v0.10 Test 2, found here
and firmware 4.1.0, I have some issues that I can't quite figure out.

The most annoying one makes it impossible to create links. I push the select button and the link creator box flicks on screen for probably a single frame and then disappears again.

When trying to return to gmenu2x after launching a game, application, emulator, or anything else, I get booted to the Original gui instead.

Worst of all, I have never been able to get touchscreen support to work...

I love gmenu2x, I can't believe I ever ran my 2x without it, but this is discouraging. Am I the only one having all of these problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks!

All your issues with GMenu2X are most likely firmware related.

zlwilly said:
The most annoying one makes it impossible to create links. I push the select button and the link creator box flicks on screen for probably a single frame and then disappears again.

I used to experience this in v0.10 Test 1 using FW 4.1.x, but no longer in v0.10 Test 2. Maybe try a clean install?

zlwilly said:
When trying to return to gmenu2x after launching a game, application, emulator, or anything else, I get booted to the Original gui instead.

The autorun function got broken in FW 4.1.x. It no longer executes the autorun.gpu when a program exits back to the gp2xmenu. Unless a program allows for configuring/scripting on what to execute on exit, you have to manually relaunch GMenu2X each time.

zlwilly said:
Worst of all, I have never been able to get touchscreen support to work...

You might need to do either or both of these:
- Use notaz's touchscreen fix, since the touchscreen for most homebrew apps got broken in FW 4.0.2 & 4.1.x.
- Increase the clockspeed in GMenu2X to at least 136MHz for touchscreen to respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back