Gluon

lennaick

I've discover this project.
http://gluon.gamingfreedom.org/

It look pretty cool to create small games easily

What do you think about it ?

Perhaps a port is in order.
Licensing Explained

The license for all the items in Gluon itself (that is, GluonCore, GluonGraphics, GluonInput, GluonAudio, Gluon Creator and the various Gluon Player applications) is the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2+ (LGPLv2+).
Game Licenses?

While the Gluon libraries and such are licensed under the license mentioned above, your options for licenses for your games vary depending on how you create them.
Games Based On Gluon GameProject

This type of game is a collection of assets distributed without compiling. They are the types of games created using Gluon Creator. Since these are entirely separate entities, and in licensing terms akin to a word processor document, or a movie file, the license options available for this type of game are as wide as for those:

You can choose any license you wish.
Games Distributed Through The Gluon Distribution System

This is our recommended method of game creation and distribution. This type of game is the same as above, except for an important difference: They are furthermore uploaded to the Gluon distribution system, either manually or through the Publish functionality in Gluon Creator. These games are available to all users of the various Gluon Player applications.

For this type of game, you are free to choose any OSI approved license, however we strongly encourage the use of one of the Creative Commons licenses. Please use the Creative Commons license picker to choose the license most appropriate for you: http://creativecommons.org/choose/
Other Games

Other games are those using the libraries directly - an example of this is the Gluon team's own Blok game. These games can be licensed with any LGPLv2+ compatible license.

Sounds good license wise. It seems we'll be having quite a few of these appearing on the Pandora- they've been popping up lately. I'm quite glad.
Good find.

I just point out that if you want to connact any of the devs you can look it op here:
http://gluon.gamingfreedom.org/node/40
for connacting them via IRC, mailinglist and many more

DuckMan said:
Nice find! Looks like a good fit for everyone! I look forward to a port!
Yeah, Great find. Can anyone 'in the know' tell how plausable this is?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify a bit, if you read about the Gluon vision, you'll see there are two main pieces of software here: the Creator and the Player. Oddly, one of these is for creating games, the other is for playing them.

The Creator is targeted mainly at desktop platforms, so we might not see it on the Pandora (at least, not right away). But the Player is targeting every platform under the sun. They even make specific mention of the AI Touch Book, which runs on an OMAP3530 and Angstrom-based OS. So, the Pandora should have no trouble playing Gluon games.

Back