Release GLtron

lunixbochs

Staff member
https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZvXjwYtEnMA?feature=oembed

There are a few non-breaking bugs/workarounds.

• The automatic music loader simply doesn't work. I've worked around this by hardcoding the name of the song that ships with the game.
  • Something in the .gltronrc automatically saved by the game causes your camera to bug out on a subsequent launch. The launcher currently deletes .gltronrc before the game starts to work around this until I narrow it down.
  • Display changes in X11 leak through to the foreground, and show up as black after the game is done. I've partially worked around this by changing the nubs to joystick mode during the game so you don't see the cursor movement. This doesn't cause any problems in MiniMenu for me. Some have said this might be related to drivers and texture swizzling with GL. I welcome any insight on this front :)

Enjoy! Suggestions welcome.

Repo

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that is a really addictive game. Thanks for porting it!

Did you do the glesconversion or did you take the n900 version?

With the black stuff, that stays on the background, when closing the game... Could it be you have forgotten to disable the eglcontext on SDL_Quit() ?

I forked Zoxc's port and cleaned up + finished it, which was a continuation of the symbian port.

My source is here: https://github.com/lunixbochs/pandora-gltron - I do EGL_Destroy() right before SDL_Quit() but I have it in two places (so there's a chance I'm destroying twice). I don't think this is causing the blacking problems because I see those sections flickering through while the game is running, before I destroy the context.

------

0.7.0.1 adds keymaps for X,A->enter and Y+B->escape

Ok, looks good!

I have a similar issue with fallingup though, so if you find a solution please let me know ;)

This is great, you've made me quite happy! I know that the camera on the PC version can get buggy because of doing something with the mouse.

Very more-ish. Used to love 16k Lightcycles on the Spectrum.

Makes a good partner with Assault Rigs on PS1 for some Tron escapism.

Does this support multiplayer over network, btw?

Would be a perfect multiplayer game :D

Has anyone here actualy NOT seen the Movie? ;) TRON is cult, I still can enjoy the first Movie. Tron Legacy was OK but they messed up some stuff sadly.

EDIT: Ninja'd!!! :lol:

The game here works great on the Pandora. Pretty fun. Is there a button mapped for quick ingame Camera mode switching without going over the menu (which doesn't work that well)?

And the ingame screen aspect ratio seems to be wrong but it's not to bad.

I think it'd make sense to map something like the first few number keys to camera modes.

I don't think this one supports networked play, just local. Bust out the ICPs and huddle 'round? :p

We can port Armegatron Advanced, but I think it wouldn't run nearly as well without some optimization.

sources for armagetron advanced with gles
I will definitely work on porting this.
Any progress/success on this one? Would make my 13old son really happy. (even helping testing it). He has played it a ot on the Desktop PC and has done even some things on official servers (the one you can connect to in the "internet game" modus. (Even tought himself to generate maps from dxf files..)

Back