Gl Point Sprites

kurtkz

Hi all,

has anyone managed to get point sprites working using the official GPH SDK? Code::Blocks keeps saying GL_POINT_SPRITE was not declared in the scope, but it is meant to be available in GL ES 1.1 Lite. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kurt

i've never used them, but what you could try is defining it by yourself (gl_point_sprite_oes from http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/api/1.1/gl.h) and just use it. i tried something different by myself, days back with the OES_draw_texture extension and it worked (besides getting the procaddress of glDrawTexOES from from libopengles_lite.so)

crow_riot said:
i've never used them, but what you could try is defining it by yourself (gl_point_sprite_oes from http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/api/1.1/gl.h) and just use it. i tried something different by myself, days back with the OES_draw_texture extension and it worked (besides getting the procaddress of glDrawTexOES from from libopengles_lite.so)

Doh. Such a simple solution. Thanks crow_riot, I'll give it a try. I'm porting my PC engine to the Wiz and I used point sprites for the 3D particle system.

Cheers
Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
i just looked at the libopengles_lite.so file - and it seems glPointSizePointerOES exists. so you might be lucky with that :)

crow_riot said:
i just looked at the libopengles_lite.so file - and it seems glPointSizePointerOES exists. so you might be lucky with that :)

Mmm, glPointSize applies to all GL_POINTS though, not just GL_POINT_SPRITE...still I hope your suggestion works. I'm too tired to actually test it now though - if it doesn't work I guess I'll have to manually generate front-facing quads. Perish the thought :p

uh mixed them up, my bad. BUT another search gave 'g_GTECode_render_pointsprite_all' ... so good luck ;)

crow_riot said:
uh mixed them up, my bad. BUT another search gave 'g_GTECode_render_pointsprite_all' ... so good luck ;)

Heh, turns out the call is GL_POINT_SPRITE_OES *not* GL_POINT_SPRITE. Thanks for the help though, crow_riot.

meh, ok :) but that you say GL_POINT_SPRITE_OES are working then? because i wonder - i think it's another OES extension that is not reported within the extensions string but working?

I guess so, I haven't actually tested it yet, but it compiles fine and apparently for GL ES (according to Typhoon Labs tutorials), the correct call is GL_POINT_SPRITE_OES.

Back