Gizmondo...

Josquius

Website
www.josquius.tsx.org
What is the point in the gizmondo?
It has very few games or any sort of selling point, it stands no chance head on with DS and PSP yet it is getting a lot of advertising.
Is it open source? Could it be the new GP32?
Or is it incredible naivity on the part of tiger?

The Gizmondo isn´t opensource, but has a SD slot, so it could be used to run Freeware if the file protection would be cracked, what is very unlikely since the console is not very popular, so very few hackers will care.

What´s the Point? Well, the Giz has definitely some nice features like GPS and GPRS (for onlinegaming :) ) but since there is few software for it and few people are really intrested in it, i doubt it´ll going to be successful.
If only Gamepark or Tapwave could aford this kind of advertisment... their systems are soo much better and could need a wider Userbase...

I'll buy one if (and when) I can :D After a PSP of course :p Not the DS

EDIT: Oh.. And a Zodiac... But hey I'm mad about handhelds.. I own quite a few :p I'm just broke lately otherwise I'd have them all ehehehe :D

you know, the title of this thread was so succinct and accurate no-one actually needed to reply. We should just of had it locked and pinned

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno the thing is pretty powerful at least with better-than-DS graphics. And they really ARE pushing it hard... they had a HUGE 'booth' at E3 this year that was set up to look like a seedy alley in chinatown or something, very well done, with demo units strewn all around the place, and they had a Porsche GT there as well with some hot models to pose and take pics with. They do seem to have a lot of money to put into this thing.

I dunno the thing is pretty powerful at least with better-than-DS graphics. And they really ARE pushing it hard... they had a HUGE 'booth' at E3 this year that was set up to look like a seedy alley in chinatown or something, very well done, with demo units strewn all around the place, and they had a Porsche GT there as well with some hot models to pose and take pics with. They do seem to have a lot of money to put into this thing.

But for the games :) , Oh and that screen. :p

Trooper

shaddap about the screen already!!!! damn! :D :p

IT'S

NOT

THAT

SMALL!

you know, the title of this thread was so succinct and accurate no-one actually needed to reply. We should just of had it locked and pinned

Indeed...

IT'S

NOT

THAT

SMALL!

Compared to the GP32 screen, it is. After having a GP32, anything that's smaller AT ALL drives me crazy. I looked at a GBA the other day(i've never really seen one in person for more than about 2 seconds until then), and I was like "OMG, SMALL SCREEN!" I can't even imagine playing anything on that damn GBA micro. My friend had a cool idea though. I told him about it, and he said if it wasn't to expensive, he'd probably get one, gut it, and put everything in an actual NES controller. That would be really cool, I think, as long as the screen isn't too small.

Fishbong posted on May 27 2005 at 10:42 AM said:
I like big screens and i cannot lie,
you other gamers can´t deny,
That when a PSP walks in with an stylish case
And a big screen in your face
You get sprung
Wanna pull up tough
Cuz you notice that screen was stuffed
Deep in the games i´m playing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh, PSP I wanna get hot
And take your screenshot...

I still got the groove. :p

Indeed...

IT'S

NOT

THAT

SMALL!

Compared to the GP32 screen, it is. After having a GP32, anything that's smaller AT ALL drives me crazy. I looked at a GBA the other day(i've never really seen one in person for more than about 2 seconds until then), and I was like "OMG, SMALL SCREEN!" I can't even imagine playing anything on that damn GBA micro. My friend had a cool idea though. I told him about it, and he said if it wasn't to expensive, he'd probably get one, gut it, and put everything in an actual NES controller. That would be really cool, I think, as long as the screen isn't too small.

i agree...the screen is hella small. i've been spoiled by my psp! when i picked up my gba for the first time in a couple months, i was like DAAAAAYUUUMMM! how the hell did i use that thing!!!

seriously, the screen is small
shadappa your mouth :p

I get on ok with my ds screen after playing my gp.

well you all are spoiled then.

The Gizmondo screen is comparable in size to the DS screens, slightly larger than the regular GBA screen. No it's not as big as the GP. So what? I found it easy enough to play on, though it is a shame... the graphics this thing can pump out, it SHOULD have a larger screen.

Fishbong posted on May 27 2005 at 10:42 AM said:
I like big screens and i cannot lie,
you other gamers can´t deny,
That when a PSP walks in with an stylish case
And a big screen in your face
You get sprung
Wanna pull up tough
Cuz you notice that screen was stuffed
Deep in the games i´m playing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh, PSP I wanna get hot
And take your screenshot...

I still got the groove. :p
ROFL!

well you all are spoiled then.

The Gizmondo screen is comparable in size to the DS screens, slightly larger than the regular GBA screen. No it's not as big as the GP. So what? I found it easy enough to play on, though it is a shame... the graphics this thing can pump out, it SHOULD have a larger screen.

I wouldn't say spoiled, really.. I only ever had a gameboy, gamegear, and now GP32. The gamegear screen is alright, but it's still pretty small compared to a GP32, and the gameboy screen is really bad... not only is it small, but it's not lit, and it has no color... I'm definitely not spoiled... I'm not saying that the system blows because it's screen is smaller than a GP32's, or that it's even a huge deal. I'm just saying, after playing a GP32, anything else that's smaller, even by like a milimeter, I notice right away, and I can't help myself from dwelling on that fact. Even if it had a big screen, I wouldn't buy it... they want like $400 for the damn thing. I've never even paid that much for a console... I'll be damned if I'm spending that on a handheld. Plus, until it becomes cracked(if it needs to be, and i'm sure it does), I won't buy one anyway. The main reason I bought the GP32 is because it can emulate my old favorites, so now I can finally play ANY(very few were ported to gameboy, and those that were just weren't the same... and they were hard to see) old NES game I want when I'm not at home, and the same goes for Sega(well, at least every game I've tried so far works, and I can't think of any others). The GP32 is a dream come true for me. Until I found out about it, I was looking around, considering a game theory admiral, GBA + Flash cartridge, pocket famicom, and even trying to build my own system from an NES case. The GP32 is a much better option because it can do much more than either of those things, and its media storage device holds more and takes up the least amount of space... I LOVE MY GP32!!

The screen isn't a huge deal, it just grabs my attention quickly and easily. It does have some more buttons than the GP32 though(enough to properly allocate an SNES controller's buttons... if you can program the ones at the top in emulators), and maybe with its extra power, it will be able to emulate SNES perfectly... if that happens, and they get a lot cheaper, I might buy one eventually(only if gamepark doesn't make another system first though)... but my GP32 will always have a special place in my house and my heart, no matter what happens, along with Chrono Trigger, Tobal 2, Brave Fencer Musashi, Seiken Densetsu 3, Zelda 3, and my MadCatz RetroCon.

Back