Given up with any games?

Garrett

Advanced Member
As much as I enjoy? having my ass handed to me over and over again in Bloodborne it's now resigned to the I'll get back to it sometime (maybe) pile. Not sure exactly why I can't make any progress in 6+ months of trying as I've spent a lot of time with the Dark Souls games & some of my all time favorites are regarded as being pretty tricky.. Ninja Gaiden Black, Ghouls n Ghosts, F-Zero GX, DMC 3, Contra etc.
I suspect it's simply a case of dotage in my case.. I'm lucky though, kinda enjoy farming sims.

Anything you guys have struggled with recently?

Last edited:
Volgarr the Viking, Ghouls'n'Ghosts and many other frustration games.
It wouldn't hurt anybody to give such games the option to choose a lower difficulty or more save points...

Homeworld Remastered
I found the scaled AI fleets to be no fun at all in one of the last kissions. Not only did it make capturing ~50 frigates in over several hours absolutely pointless, but it also made the next mission way too hard.
I'm sure I could somehow make my way through it, but that just took away all my motivation to complete the game :/

I used to always play games to completion but now that I have a huge backlog I'm much more willing to drop a game when I find it not fun anymore to play.
I remember dropping Necrovision, because even if the beginning was kinda cool, it started to drag and get repetitive.

There are also some games that I've put "on hold" but I'm not sure if I'll return to them one day, like the final boss (for the good ending) in Cave Story.

I gave up on getting all the achievements in Dark Souls when I got all the weapons and it failed to trigger.

I gave up on a few games that were just bad. Not hard but not fun to play.

I have a horrible completion rate on all of my game. I did complete Tombraider (2013) recently as that was recently released for Linux.

The last boss on Metroid Prime. That game was incredibly very firm but fair all the way through, but the last boss really pissed me off. Funny enough, the same can also be said about Metroid Fusion (IIRC) on GBA - the S-AX just kept whooping my ass. Maybe I'm just crap, but I got through the rest of these games, just couldn't be arsed with these two cheesy, nasty, unfair bosses.

The last boss on Metroid Prime. That game was incredibly very firm but fair all the way through, but the last boss really pissed me off.
funny I sort have felt the same way, but I only engaged the boss one, I then decided I wanted to go back and discover everything I could, but never ended up doing it.

Metal Gear Solid 2 because of the controls.
Kicked dudes instead of grabbing them from behind, hit patrols in the face with chaff grenades and accidentally jumped from platforms into the ocean. Most of my game time I spent hiding under a box/in a locker because I pressed the wrong button(s) at the wrong time.

:confused:

My experience has been completely different. Those boss fights were the high point of those games for me. I simply loved the challenge and kept retrying when I got whooped. There's was always some strategy to make the fight easier, just gotta find it. Which I think it is why I loved them fights so much.

There are also some games that I've put "on hold" but I'm not sure if I'll return to them one day, like the final boss (for the good ending) in Cave Story.
Ballos (Cave Story last boss) was interesting, since one had to go thru Sanctuary each time before getting to him. So trick was getting to without taking almost any hits (easier said than done). Also important was getting some missile stock (useful for Ballos fight).

Ballos fight was just nuts. Was like 3~4 boss fights rolled into one. Had to learn how to dodge all them attacks. And knowing that loosing meant having to go thru the whole Sanctuary again *shivers*. But that sort of high-stake was what made it so exciting.

The last boss on Metroid Prime. That game was incredibly very firm but fair all the way through, but the last boss really pissed me off. Funny enough, the same can also be said about Metroid Fusion (IIRC) on GBA - the S-AX just kept whooping my ass. Maybe I'm just crap, but I got through the rest of these games, just couldn't be arsed with these two cheesy, nasty, unfair bosses.
The Metroid Prime last boss quite vulnerable to the charged beam+missile combos (you did get those, right?). But one had to be quick to land them before it switched color again. And dodging the attacks was a necessity, since it was a battle of attrition. But it was almost impossible to avoid damage when it came charging, best was to morph ball and try to hide to avoid too much damage.

By the way, wrote this post while listening to Metroid Prime last boss music. ;) Still gives me goosebumps.

I've been struggling to finish Heboris for a while now. I am not giving up though. I have managed to achieve grandmaster level on master mode and I did manage to finish 20G #G4 but not with a grandmaster ranking... yet.
So damn quick...

Witcher 2 ... Everyone raved about it... I wanted to love it.... but...

It just wasn't me... I played for hours and hours... and was bored / unengaged the entire time.

I'm simply not in the target demographic.

The Metroid Prime last boss quite vulnerable to the charged beam+missile combos (you did get those, right?).
Yep. Got everything as far as I'm aware. I'm a completionist and love to explore every nook and cranny and collect every item. I also scanned everything. Twice! :p

Witcher 2 ... Everyone raved about it... I wanted to love it.... but...

I didn't play Witcher 2, but I loved Witcher III through to completion and then some, with the DLC packs. It was a game I never wanted to end, funnily enough.

Yep. Got everything as far as I'm aware. I'm a completionist and love to explore every nook and cranny and collect every item. I also scanned everything. Twice! :p
Collecting everything is only half of the fun for me. The other half is actually using it. :)

I have up on MP on the Omega Pirate IIRC. Staying in ball mode on that controller where the r-trigger presses into the plastic gave me such cramp after a while, I just gave up trying to learn how to beat him. I think I looked it up once, but still couldn't do it because of cramp.

When I started gaming on a PS1, I wasn t allowed to get a new game until I finished the games I had. And now I just start too many games because I think: ohh this could be interesting too. Maybe i should start again with only playing one game and finish it after I get a new one.

Fire Emblem Fates. I've been a Fire Emblem fan since the 7th game came to our shores and I adore Radiant Dawn, but this game is so boring, so annoying, and just so generally unappealing that I'm having trouble wanting to even complete my first playthrough.

Back