Beta Gish

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Got it to run and stable. A little slow but playable. Turn off music for more speed or up the clock cycle.
Put all the data files into the appdata folder gish.
This is a beta and some settings may need to be tweaked in the home dir .gish, some can be changed in game but resolution in game may not work.
There are some opengl texture issues I will try to fix later.

pickle.gp2x.de/gish.pnd
pickle.gp2x.de/gish_src.zip

Rocking! Can't wait to play! :)
EDIT: well it seems we don't have the openAL lib on the Pandora...
"Error whilel oading shared libraries: libopenal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

PokeParadox said:
Rocking! Can't wait to play! :)
EDIT: well it seems we don't have the openAL lib on the Pandora...
"Error whilel oading shared libraries: libopenal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

updated pnd to have the openal lib and now the settings are all set by default (.gish will now be in the appdata folder and not the home dir)

Last edited by a moderator:
would you mind sharing source? i've wanted to port it, but never found the time... thx

crow_riot said:
would you mind sharing source? i've wanted to port it, but never found the time... thx
Technically he's obliged to, by the GPL :)
And let's see with the updated PND... (also surprised that the Pand doesn't have OpenAL installed as standard...)
EDIT: Working fine, looks great apart from the green areas. Default controls work well... although you may want to map Start to bring up the pause menu :)

Also I managed to get the cursor offest from where I was clicking on the touchscreen...
Additionally anyone else wanting to try this that doesn't actually have Gish... I do believe a FreeGish project was started, so you can try and search and find those freeware data files.

Wow, this sounds great, thanks a lot Pickle!
Would somebody mind recording a video of him playing for us non-Pandora people :-3
Thanks in advance!

foxblock out

Thanks for this Pickle :)

Had a quick go and it seems to work fine @ 600mhz. Small graphic issue where it looks like it's missing a tile which is then replaced by a green rectangle. Probably me not copying across the data files properly or a corrupted file.

Great work :D

*edit* ahh, just re-read the first post and you know about this already.

i think i'm trying a wiz port, it shouldn't be that difficult. i'll remove the openal and replace it with sdl_mixer, which should give quite a speed-up for the pandora, too.

*edit*
uh just saw that they're actually using some more features than just playing, but ... well. i'll see ;)

crow_riot said:
i think i'm trying a wiz port, it shouldn't be that difficult. i'll remove the openal and replace it with sdl_mixer, which should give quite a speed-up for the pandora, too.

*edit*
uh just saw that they're actually using some more features than just playing, but ... well. i'll see ;)

yeah i think this would crawl on the wiz, dont forget im also compiling with neon which does help. Also it looks like 640x480 is the min resolution, not sure how much of a pain 320x240 would be.

Ive been looking a but at the green bar, what supposed to happen is a background image is supposed to show up in this area. Whats kind of odd is that its drawn with the level stuff and I think its expected the opengl blend is supposed to take care which layer shows up where.
RIght now the pandora version is using nanogl, maybe a direct conversion to opengles would fix it, but that change would take a while.

I took a look at the sources, and I don't see where you're setting up the compiler for optimization, Pickle .. are you building using Makefile.linux, or cmake, or .. ?

EDIT: Never mind, its codeblocks, right ..

torpor said:
I took a look at the sources, and I don't see where you're setting up the compiler for optimization, Pickle .. are you building using Makefile.linux, or cmake, or .. ?

EDIT: Never mind, its codeblocks, right ..

cb yep :)

Pickle said:
crow_riot said:

*edit*

yeah i think this would crawl on the wiz, dont forget im also compiling with neon which does help. Also it looks like 640x480 is the min resolution, not sure how much of a pain 320x240 would be.

Ive been looking a but at the green bar, what supposed to happen is a background image is supposed to show up in this area. Whats kind of odd is that its drawn with the level stuff and I think its expected the opengl blend is supposed to take care which layer shows up where.
RIght now the pandora version is using nanogl, maybe a direct conversion to opengles would fix it, but that change would take a while.
Aha... now I've found where the cb file is hidden... I can help with the GLES conversion... I'll take a poke around after work :)

PokeParadox said:
Yes Steam files work and...
oh thank you so much!

very nice, like I said one of my favorite games ever. Hopefully it will see some improvements, but it's running very playable indeed!

Back