Ghostpix - stuck in level 22/3

hmn

Am I missing something, or is the third screen of level 22 in Ghostpix just not solvable?

P022-3a.png

As far as I can tell, the remaining fields have no unambiguous solution. To make sure I'm not completely stupid, I also tried this puzzle with two nonogram solvers, (1 - Online, 2 - C++) and neither could solve it. (EDIT: Tried a third solver - which finds 6 possible solutions. EDIT: actually 5)

Here is the actual solution, which I cheezed from the game data:

P022-3b.png

Does anyone remember playing this level?

Last edited:
Ah ok.
I would say that the rightest vertical 31 and horizontal 2111 gives the first clue for the rightest vertical dot (14;13), then 511 11111 etc.

@Linux-SWAT: The problem is these clues are not definitive - there are 6 (EDIT: actually 5) equally valid solutions given the hints, but only one is correct. Someone else noticed ambiguous levels as well, in the comments for the GP2X release.

@miner2049er: Search for "ghostpix" in the Resources section, or try the old archive. It was released for GP32, GP2X and Wiz at least.

Last edited:
While this one is not deterministic, the most probable answer (at least for me) is the good one.

In most picross games I've played, the answer is always deterministic, although the reasoning can on occasion be tortuous. But you should always be able to mark pieces with certainty from the start of the puzzle to the end.

I've not played ghostpix, but from the screenshots it looks like it's a picross game.

Back