Getting Video Files To Play

rpleak

Still Fresh
So far i've tried to transcode some movies to play on my Wiz, without any luck. I transcoded them to 320x240 size, and both Divx and .avi formats. Not only will they not play, but they don't even show up in the video directory... They play on my laptop, so the files are ok, but I can't figure out what the problem is. Can someone give me some hints on what to try next?

Thanks;
Rob P.

AVI files are just audio video interleave files and contain videos compressed with a myriad of different codecs. However, I do know that AVI files placed in the correct directory will indeed show up in the video player. I just do not remember which directory that is.... possbily "video" ?

Thanks, moving the files to 'movies' did the trick. Still can't play The Dark Knight, but i'll try re-encoding it.

RobP posted on May 22 2009 at 11:48 AM said:
Thanks, moving the files to 'movies' did the trick. Still can't play The Dark Knight, but i'll try re-encoding it.
Is the folder supposed to be "movie" or "movies"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Promised Planet posted on May 24 2009 at 11:49 PM said:
RobP posted on May 22 2009 at 11:48 AM said:
Is the folder supposed to be "movie" or "movies"?
just "movie"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back