Release Get iPlayer

Thanks - giving it a try now. Seems to time out but picks the download back up where it left off, so far so good...

Where does it save the download to?

Thanks - giving it a try now. Seems to time out but picks the download back up where it left off, so far so good...

Where does it save the download to?

It should print out the default download location when you start it. It will be something like /media/mmcb01p1/pandora/appdata/getiplayer/. Or you can use get-iplayer's --output switch to save downloads somewhere else.

It should print out the default download location when you start it. It will be something like /media/mmcb01p1/pandora/appdata/getiplayer/. Or you can use get-iplayer's --output switch to save downloads somewhere else.

Yeah, you got it right the first time, /media/mmcb01p1/pandora/appdata/getiplayer/ was exactly where the file went. Had a fair few problems initially, as it kept stopping the download, then restarting. Was also very slow, and eventually stopped alltogether. Then it wouldnt recognise my commands, automatically reprinting all the help commands. A reboot and wi-fi toggle later, it recognised my commands again and downloaded a TV show within 20 mins. Bizarre, but seems to work fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad it worked out for you. The stopping and starting thing is due to SWF-verification (using this tool, you're telling the BBC that your pandora is an iphone) so it's a usual part of the process. In my experience though, it always gets the files you want eventually.

Sorry to drag up this old thread, but this is one of my favourite and most used applications on my pandora.

Unfortunately, it has stopped working (see error below). Checking on the 'get-iplayer' forums it seems that the version pnd'd up is too out of date now.

Is there any chance of an update? I'd really appreciate it!

it gives this error:

INFO: No specified modes () available for this programme with version 'default' (try using --modes=flashhd,flashhigh,flashlow,flashstd,flashvhigh,rtsphd,rtsphigh,rtsplow,rtspstd,rtspvhigh,subtitles)
Thanks loads and loads!

Back