GP2X Generally On Gp2X Wiz?

e_b

Still Fresh
Firstly if you've never played this game I recomend taking it for a spin (pun intended).

It's a fun top down racer, completely customisable and has track editor and everything. It would be great is this was on the Wiz - is it possible at all:

PC specs 200 MhZ, 16 MB RAM, 2 MB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeneRally_(computer_game)

tantele.png

mondega.png

usa.png

Thanks for taking the time to read this post :)

e_b

Still Fresh
I believe the original writer might release the source code if asked (I recall reading about this a couple of years ago) - is it still a no-no due to Linux?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge :(

kloppix

Still Fresh
With the source code anyone with enough knowledge could make a port to the Wiz or any other system. I hope you can get it.

e_b

Still Fresh
Well I will not be able to make the game, I am happy to try and get the source...but is anyone willing to give this a go?

Gnorf

Still Fresh
Actually, the game depends on DirectX. That effectively rules out the possibility of a Wiz-port. Compiling it for the Wiz would then pretty much be one step from a complete rewrite. Don't make the assumption that sources somehow means that things can run on everything and anything, you'll just build up false hopes.

e_b

Still Fresh
Thanks for everyones input. It seems V1.06 should be coming out soon too - at least that's something to look forward to :)