Release Gemrb 0.8

foft

Certified Guru
Website
www.scrameta.net
I've uploaded gemrb 0.8 to the repo. Please give it a try and let me know how it runs.

Btw I thought the repo auto posted updates here, as mentioned in the sticky. Is it disabled?

I've uploaded gemrb 0.8 to the repo. Please give it a try and let me know how it runs.

Btw I thought the repo auto posted updates here, as mentioned in the sticky. Is it disabled?
I do see that it was added to The Repo - it shows this on the Pandora Forums home page--->

rss-mini.png
 Latest Files

It was but people got annoyed so now its off.

I was trying to use gemrb on the previous release to play through bg1. I gave up after it kept freezing after playing for some time. I looked at the changelog and it doesnt seem likely but I will give it another try.

I think it freezes after the python code has an exception. These are logged so I can investigate and then ask upstream if you send me them.

On some earlier builds I was using a bad older compiler that had some optimisation bugs too...

I think it freezes after the python code has an exception. These are logged so I can investigate and then ask upstream if you send me them.

On some earlier builds I was using a bad older compiler that had some optimisation bugs too...
I gave it a try last night and i had a much better experience, no freezes for either of the two sessions I used it.

I gave it a try last night and i had a much better experience, no freezes for either of the two sessions I used it.
Great!  I was holding off on upgrading because I already had applied the wide-screen mods and other fixes and my version was fairly stable - but you've convinced me.  I'm gonna give this one a try.   :)

Great!  I was holding off on upgrading because I already had applied the wide-screen mods and other fixes and my version was fairly stable - but you've convinced me.  I'm gonna give this one a try.   :)
Im also using the widescreeen mode with bg1 based on the other thread with the walkthrough setup. All i did was update the pnd.

:angry:   :( :eek:   fiddle faddle jabberwocky

sorry had to vent.

Last edited:
bg1: issue with the berserker sword when I gave to my character wouldnt let me leave an area. Used gem command line to move to a temple and removed it then all was normal.

I had an issue if a dream sequence occured at the inn (store mode) the gui would mess up and then the game thought it was in a store not allowing saves. The game then had to be shutdown completely and reloaded from the last save. Now if I expect a dream sequence I make sure I let it occur during a camp in the wild.

bg2: checked and runs fine with widescreen mod. Have not spent long time with it yet.

iwd: start.sh line 28: 9017 Seg Fault ./gemrb -c iwd.cfg

Ive tried a number of config options but nothing changes. Im using raw gog data.

pst: checked and runs fine with widescreen mod. I had to modify the resolution to 800x480, data path in the pst.cfg and then it looked ok. Have not spent much time with it yet.

For iwd try deleting the cache dir. This fixed it for me.

I'll double check the sword and dream sequence bug (on this and x86 build) then report upstream. In August - away from a computer until then...

For iwd try deleting the cache dir. This fixed it for me.
Thanks indeed that worked, did you get the widescreen mod or variant to work?

Also seems im missing some sounds, like for hits, how about you?  I actually came across a similar thread from an ios user.

finished bg1 with no major issues.

started bg2, and the respawn of monsters seems broke. Looks like it only takes letting an area be covered by fog of war for the monster to come back. With some tight spaces this is bad. Anyone else see this?

Haven't followed gemrb closely but think there are still significant bugs/missing features with bg2, torment, and iwd2.

posted on the gemrb forum and some one pointed out there is a fix post 0.8.0 that increases the range of the respawn points to the party before they reactivate.

maybe foft can use his build setup to compile the latest git revision?

I can't seem to get the gog version of Icewind Dale working in this (the git version or the previous release). I've edited the config file to make it run 'how' instead of iwd, have merged the data folders, tried running it via custom.cfg instead of iwd, all with no luck. It's not even producing a log file like it does for bg1, bg2 or pst. Anyone have any ideas what I missed?

try removing the cache folder, mentioned earlier in the thread

try paths like this:

GamePath=./iwd/
CD1=./iwd/
CD2=./CD2/
CD3=./CD3/
CD4=./iwd/
CD5=./iwd/

although i never was able to get some sounds to work.

Back