Gbax.com Has Changed?! Alternative Power?

They just seem to be relaunching their website with a new name. But I guess what you and others are worried about is that they are changing their name right when people have started complaining about their service. Fishy? I personally wouldn't worry about it.

BTW, nice name/avatar. Pulstar rocks! Though Blazing Star is better, IMO.

AFAIK they're not changing their name, it's just an ad to announce the gpx2.

They're currently updating the webpage and preparing the gpx2 launch, as most are on holidays, it's a pretty good time to do this.

BTW: This ad had formerly been placed on www.gpx2.co.uk, now that GPH needs to change the name, they put it on their frontpage so all will find it :)

Kinda weird that he has a pic of the GPX2 on the holder page though. Maybe GPH is makin him an official licensed outlet or something?

Blazing Star better? Never. It was short, and required no skill, and the animations were framey and not as nice. Pulstar's animations were butter smooth, and the game made you memorize it's levels and use real skill to finish, even with unlimited continues. Plus the music was better. You had to play it on a TV on a real Geo CD though to see the graphics the way they were meant to look, emulators do it NO justice. Just my opinion, though, of course. ;) Oh, and the bosses! Eh, sorry... :ph34r:

ED, both sites say Alternative Power? What's that all about? What does it mean? And don't say you don't know, cuz we know you are sworn to secrecy. ;) (just whisper, nobody will notice :D )

Well, as he contributed a lot to GPH to the gpx2 and works together with them, he surely is the major retailer for the gpx2.

if that is the new name of the GPX2 then that has to be the dumbest name ever, i mean for fucks sake Gamepark, Alternative Power?? 2 of your biggest competition has machines with more power and capabilities than the GPX2 that being the PSP and Gizmondo.

If that is not the name of the new gpx2, then good. There were a hell of a lot better names on that list than "alternative Power"

Pulstar posted on Aug 10 2005 at 05:00 PM said:
Blazing Star better? Never. It was short, and required no skill, and the animations were framey and not as nice. Pulstar's animations were butter smooth, and the game made you memorize it's levels and use real skill to finish, even with unlimited continues.

Exactly...pulstar was nothing more than a memory test. BS was easy to play, difficult to master - as all great games should be. Sure, you could play it from start to finish using XXX continues no problem, but it takes a huge degree of skill to complete it in one continue trying to get the highest score possible. It's all in the bonus system, see :)

Both good games btw, but BS is the better IMHO.

Oh...and...err...what was this topic about again? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Huxley posted on Aug 10 2005 at 06:09 PM said:
Pulstar posted on Aug 10 2005 at 05:00 PM said:
Blazing Star better? Never. It was short, and required no skill, and the animations were framey and not as nice. Pulstar's animations were butter smooth, and the game made you memorize it's levels and use real skill to finish, even with unlimited continues.

Exactly...pulstar was nothing more than a memory test. BS was easy to play, difficult to master - as all great games should be. Sure, you could play it from start to finish using XXX continues no problem, but it takes a huge degree of skill to complete it in one continue trying to get the highest score possible. It's all in the bonus system, see :)

Both good games btw, but BS is the better IMHO.

Oh...and...err...what was this topic about again? :blink:
I never did care much for getting high scores. At least not since I played Asteroids in the arcade 30 years ago. :p

davey g posted on Aug 10 2005 at 06:57 PM said:
It's not being called Alternative Power, that image was up before the naming competition started. GamePark can't just hold a competition, offer a prize, then come up with a name outside this.
Good point. Then what does Alternative Power mean??? (ED, see my post above ;) )

Alternative power is a slogan!

So, so obviously a slogan.

Stop overanalyzing!

Take a look at the top of this page. It says (powered by invision power board)

Does that mean that gp32x is going to be changed to invision power? no!

Jeez loueeze :rolleyes:

I suppose Sony's lawyer brigade has them on lockdown for now (despite that they re-route PSP sales out of the UK), and this is all they can do in the meantime.

*kicks self for not buying up the four-quid RF-Links and ASR carry pouches while they were around*

I prefer Blazing Star only because I'm not the biggest fan of R-Type (Never got past the 3rd level...having to restart everytime you die is just plain stupid!). Though I will admit that Pulstar has much better music and visuals (To some extent) than Blazing Star. That was actually quite disappointing to me, actually. I loved Blazing Star so much, but Pulstar was the one that had the AMAZING intro...(That intro music is the best intro music I have EVER heard in a video game...so good...). If I could, I would swap the intros for Blazing Star and Pulstar and then Blazing Star would be the PERFECT game :D

Deleted User posted on Aug 10 2005 at 07:14 PM said:
Alternative power is a slogan!

So, so obviously a slogan.

Stop overanalyzing!

Take a look at the top of this page. It says (powered by invision power board)

Does that mean that gp32x is going to be changed to invision power? no!

Jeez loueeze :rolleyes:
No one's overanalyzing, just curious. Besides, that's a weak point. (powered by invision power board) is small, Alternative Power is in the middle of the freakin page in huge letters. I'd like to know what it means, if that's ok with you. Jeez loueeze :rolleyes:

Alpha2 posted on Aug 11 2005 at 01:25 AM said:
I thought Sony wan only going after Lik Sang.

Before going after Lik-Sang, they sued mostly all retailers in the UK.

Last edited:
"alternative power" as in alternative to all the mainstream handhelds - ie. ds and psp.

simple as that.

"alternative power" as in alternative to all the mainstream handhelds - ie. ds and psp.

simple as that.

Back