Gbax Are Great!

Billy Lee

I just wanted to express my appreciation for GBAX. I ordered a 166MHz BLU a few weeks ago but had to wait because they were out of stock (I knew this before I ordered so that was okay). It arrived yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did I get my BLU and SMC reader/writer, they threw in an RF Link, screen cloth, batteries and a game! The Christmas card was the icing on the cake. Between ordering and receiving, had fast response to any e-mail enquiries I sent.

In case you're wondering, no I don't work for them. :p

Sorry about that delay, it was due to the BLU+ issue, which fingers crossed is now sorted out.

You can test that theory with the new Dr.md ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I'm not bothered about the delay because I'm not going to play on it until Christmas Day!

So is mine a BLU or a BLU+? How have you sorted the BLU+ issue?

Nolonger an issue Craig? ie: In that we've "Accepted" the issue, or that you hear sometihng about it being resolved?

jeff

craigix posted on Dec 15 2004 at 10:13 AM said:
You can test that theory with the new Dr.md ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com
New Dr.md? :eek: :D Why is there no announcement in news. *Runs off like a gazelle to download*

Last edited by a moderator:
aapje89 posted on Dec 15 2004 at 07:13 PM said:
Memnoch posted on Dec 15 2004 at 08:07 PM said:
Should have gone to specsavers.
:huh:
I'm guessing he's refering to my comment about it not being announced in news. If so I meant the news zone on the forum not the GP32Xtreme website front page. I always visit the forum front page first not the website, that why I didn't see the announcement. :p

sam fisher posted on Dec 15 2004 at 06:52 PM said:
I juts brought my brother a DS aswell from GBAx!
How the fuck do you have so much money. Either:

1. You have rich parents
2. You have normal parents that spoil you
3. You have a decent job
4. Give me your goddamn money.

frolik posted on Dec 15 2004 at 03:18 PM said:
I'm confused, how is the BLU+ issue resolved??? Are you modding them somehow before you send them out?

He's talking about the devver's working on fixing the software.
The first program to be fixed like that is Dr. MD. In my opinion,
Dr. MD is the best program, so that's good.

No no no ... I read that the cloth that comes with the BLU+ is chemically treated, and should wipe away those offending lines ... :)

Dozer posted on Dec 16 2004 at 12:50 AM said:
sam fisher posted on Dec 15 2004 at 06:52 PM said:
I juts brought my brother a DS aswell from GBAx!
How the fuck do you have so much money. Either:

1. You have rich parents
2. You have normal parents that spoil you
3. You have a decent job
4. Give me your goddamn money.
well i only have £20 left now.

i ordered from gbax too, superb service, i also got a gba flash card a long time ago from them, no problems there either!

Just gotta wait till xmas for my gp32 thou!

I ordered a DS from GBAX which was to come with Metroid. The following day they posted on their site that the DS was no longer going to ship with the game, but didn't actually inform those who'd already ordered and paid yet were still affected. So in consiquence I had to give my girlfriend a game-less DS for christmas.. (To be fair, partly cos my wallet was recently stolen so I couldn't go back and order one by the time I found out I wasn't getting a game). To be honest I feel a bit cheated that I wasn't told my order had changed before it was shipped, I did email but they won't do anything about it.

I also ordered my GP32 at the same time, which took a while longer to arrive, and I ended up with a BLU+. Admittedly it's not GBAX's fault at all, but some warning would have been nice (as I now know the delay was investigating the new units, passing on some of their findings would have been tres useful). Then I wouldn't have flashed the firmware in the hopes of getting rid of those pesky bars on half the software only to get them ALL THE TIME. X3; (Then I flashed the "official Korean" one to hopefuly put it back and found out I couldn't run ANYTHING after that. ^^; Great~ But that's my own stupidity and I did manage to get the firmware back to how it was, tho it was quite a stressful adventure). Also I still haven't got my SMCs from them yet (ordered on the 1st or 2nd) so I'm stuck with only a 16Mb smc to play with.

I'm not knocking GBAX as I know Craig has done so much for the scene, but I was an unlucky customer, and sharing negatives will give a more ballenced view.

Come to think of it I was equally unlucky with LikSang a few years ago, when I was hit by a huge customs bill. Perhaps I'm just an unlucky customer? o_o

gbax are annoying - they sent me a faulty gp32+ lcd model , wish they would of repaired the faulty one and gave me it back...

steven84 posted on Dec 21 2004 at 05:31 PM said:
gbax are annoying - they sent me a faulty gp32+ lcd model , wish they would of repaired the faulty one and gave me it back...

They don't manufature the new GP32s, which have a new Tawian LCD ... it's not their fault, and do a search ... you may be enlightened.

GBAx rocks.

Back