Gba-emulation On Gpx2

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasaR

Website
www.echtzeitroolen.de
Hi there!
Just wondering about the 2D-accelerator chip on the GPX2 to help to make GameBoyAdvance-emulation become reality. Does anybody knows about a chance to get this working at a decent speed on GPX2 (especially some coders...) especially when using th accelerator e.g. for Mode7 things)?

I very much doubt it. The 2D accelerator seems very limited in it's capabilities.

However, you never know - we may be able to turn the second processor into a GBA Graphics chip processor - only time will tell.

Squidge posted on Aug 3 2005 at 12:21 PM said:
we may be able to turn the second processor into a GBA Graphics chip processor - only time will tell.
that mean your on the gpx2 bandwagon then squidge?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to get some information out of the manufacturer of the GPX2's SoC. If I get that information, then more than likely, otherwise probably not, as a prewritten partly-closed system and SDK does not interest me with the spec's I have seen so far.

Squidge posted on Aug 3 2005 at 04:57 PM said:
I'm trying to get some information out of the manufacturer of the GPX2's SoC. If I get that information, then more than likely, otherwise probably not, as a prewritten partly-closed system and SDK does not interest me with the spec's I have seen so far.

But you bought a GIZMONDO which is more closed than this thing.

evaunit01 posted on Aug 3 2005 at 10:18 AM said:
thats what im looking out for, otherwise its a no deal for me

Well considering it has two ARM cores it may be more possible than most other handheld consoles. If it could be set up so that one core runs native GBA ARM code and the other core can emulate the GPU who knows. I sa probably it won't happen as that would take some l337 codin but it may not be imposstble.

DaveC posted on Aug 3 2005 at 05:27 PM said:
Squidge posted on Aug 3 2005 at 04:57 PM said:

But you bought a GIZMONDO which is more closed than this thing.
which is probably why S can do without another locked console, especially if its going to be little more powerful than a Zod that he writes for, then again i have been know to talk crap ;) theres only a finite amount of dosh

I think we will need to really wait until the thing is released and coders start hacking around though. Anything said before hand just amounts to us talking out of our arse.

DaveC posted on Aug 3 2005 at 05:36 PM said:
I think we will need to really wait until the thing is released and coders start hacking around though. Anything said before hand just amounts to us talking out of our arse.
agreed

moz posted on Aug 3 2005 at 06:41 PM said:
DaveC posted on Aug 3 2005 at 05:36 PM said:
agreed

agreed :)

I bought a Gizmondo simply for hacking purposes. I've no interest in the Gizmondo games. The only part that is interesting is the specs.

I was surprised people were still calling the gp2x the gpx2 until I saw the date on this thread.
What was the point of bumping this? Its almost a year old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back