Games that do not work on PC Engine

1941 and Darius plus are SuperGrafx games which are not currently supported. If a game doesn't work try changing the ROM type in the main menu. If that doesn't work chances are you're Roms aren't compatible, I can't get Darius alpha to work. I am currently working on compatability list for my new GP32 web site, so any feedback on what works/doesn't would be helpful. :)

Darius should work as the original card was supergrafx optimised not a actual supergrafx card, it worked ok on the normal pc engine - if you check the net there are several versions of the rom floating about !!

1941, granzort, battleace and ghouls and ghosts (plus a few unpronouncable and unplayable japanese games) are the only supergrafx games.

I have a trouble with Bonk's Revenge [ a pc kid sequel ]. Cant see the actual game character, although everything else is fine. (not that i've been able to play it much)

Take a look at "Poll: top games that run well on gpengine" in this section (GP32Xtreme Board ->Software Support ->GPengine)

Apparently the Japanese versions run better than the US ones (apparently PC-Genjin is the Japanese name for Bonk).

However I don't own a GP32 yet :( so I'm just going on others info!

I can't get Street Fighter II to work :( anyone got a version of this that works?

Me too, all i get is blocky and mucky graphics and i get the same for r-type part II. I'm sure its a rom problem as the emulator is almost perfect.

If you are here Black can you tell me what your emu doesnt do at the moment??

Scampi posted on Apr 3 2003 said:
apparently PC-Genjin is the Japanese name for Bonk
I thought it was the Japanese name for PC-Kid...

Or are they the same thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone managed get Populous to work on GPengine???.

After loading Populous into GPengine the game seems to freeze when it gets to the main game screen. I have tried the various rom modes, Usa, Japan etc to no avail.

I`ve had a look through the GPengine forum and there has been no mention of populous in any of the threds, Let alone whether someone has tried it or got it to work. :)

Am i the only one???

Street fighter 2 doesnt work no one can get it to its a problem with the emu :angry:

I got SF2 to work.. it just has some gfx issues. characters are blocks, etc.. but I fired off Ryu's hadoken :D... And I haven't tried Populous on the GPEngine, but the C64 version and (Either AtariST or MSX version, can't remember) works fine. I just kicked the Computer's A$$ yesterday on the C64 one. :D

Yeah i got stf 2 to work but with the graphics that bad its un playable

Back