games made in c++ to pandora?

TreeLach

Still Fresh
Could it be possible to play a game made on c++ (mother 4 fangame) on the Pandora

Most applications on the Pandora are probably written in C or C++, so that alone is not a problem. Also in the game's favour is that it runs (according to screen shots) at a resolution that the Pandora can handle. There are three things working against it:

1. The game is programmed in OpenGL. It would require some amount of modification of the game's source code, as mobile devices like the Pandora use OpenGL ES, a subset of OpenGL made specifically for embedded systems. This is not impossible.

2. It requires the "FMOD" library. I had not heard of it before this point and have no idea what it works on. You will have to contact them and ask if they either provice the source code to it or a version that runs on ARM architectures.

3. From the FAQ, the game requires "A computer running Windows, Mac OS X or Linux that can play other recent games relatively well." The Pandora uses a single core processor that runs between 500MHz and 800MHz (if you overclock it). It has 256MB RAM. I don't know what they mean by "recent games", but five years seems like a fair amount to look back for "recent", and desktop computers five years ago had two-core processors running over 2000MHz with over 1024MB RAM. So it is not unlikely that the game requires a machine four times as fast as the Pandora with four times the memory. Given the nature of the game (eg, it's not 3D heavy and not an action game), I'd peg it as a remote possibility that the system requirements will not be nearly so high.

Back