Gamepark Newbie V2 Online!

shinneri

Certified Guru
Website
www.gpnewbie.com
The new version of Gamepark newbie is finally online! Along with it there is an improved layout that removes those nasty frames and new sections for the XGP, XGP mini, and XGP Kids (with probably the most coherent information about them on the internet). The GP2X has received the largest upgrade with an enormous new FAQ.
[CUT]
If you're a newbie, you can not miss this. And if you're not, you still might learn something. Enjoy! :D

top1yt9.png

http://gpnewbie.com/

Visit the new Gamepark newbie!

Suggestions, comments, and criticism are very welcome.
[/CUT]

Nice site!

You may want to look at why the left/right scroll bar appears for the top left frame (1024*768 - Firefox) just to make it look nice =)

Nice site, I only have the horizontal scroll on FF. So what, GamePark has the XGP, XGP mini, and XGP kids... and neither of the three are out yet? Sheesh.

"(Attack its weak point for) Massive Update" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Shinneri.

Thank you for the much needed update, your site helped me a lot when I got my GP32 :) I'm not so sure about the new design though :-\

improvedrg8.gif

- Alex

As I read the specifications of the XGP I started to laugh!
This thing isn´t there yet, is it? And its specs are far far under the gizmondo specs which had been released for a long time and had been a great failure for its company... So how they gonna get some attention on this 4th party console if they don´t make it open source?

Thanks for the bug reports, guys! I could have sworn I tested in Firefox, but the top bar was indeed messed up. It's fixed now. :)

Bampt posted on Aug 11 2006 at 09:52 AM said:
As I read the specifications of the XGP I started to laugh!
This thing isn´t there yet, is it? And its specs are far far under the gizmondo specs which had been released for a long time and had been a great failure for its company... So how they gonna get some attention on this 4th party console if they don´t make it open source?
There seemed to be suggestion in their after E3 e-mail that they intend to upgrade the specs for the XGP before launch, but you're right. The thing's barely more powerful than GP2X, and, with them hoping to go against PSP, that's not a good thing.

As it stands, I really don't know what Gamepark's trying to do with the XGP. The mini's almost as powerful and much more portable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, as much as I like the XGP series more than GP2X, I don't really support the XGP. I'm still deciding whether I to get a Mini or Kids when they WILL be released.

JaqMs posted on Aug 11 2006 at 10:24 AM said:
Yeah, as much as I like the XGP series more than GP2X, I don't really support the XGP. I'm still deciding whether I to get a Mini or Kids when they WILL be released.

I'd say there's too little information to decide to buy on any XGP handheld...

Shikaku posted on Aug 11 2006 at 09:30 AM said:
JaqMs posted on Aug 11 2006 at 10:24 AM said:

I'd say there's too little information to decide to buy on any XGP handheld...
Well Gamepark did say that they will be releasing the XGP and Mini in the beginning of next year. Plenty of time for them to supply some more information.

I wouldn't count out Gamepark so quickly. I think they really have something with the mini and possibly even the Kids (since it should be ridiculously affordable--I've heard around $70). The only question is when people will be able to get their hands on any of them... Knowing Gamepark, it could be years. :p

Anyway, are there any guides that I should add to Gamepark newbie? I'm planning on writing some of my own. I'd also like some suggestions of Homebrew to add.

nice update. I personally think gamepark are crazy with releasing 3 systems. i guess they are throwing out as many systems as possible and hoping one does well.

me im very happy with my gp2x and it would take something that would be a huge upgrade to make me want another similar system.

gph concentrated on the gp2x and now there is tons of software already for it. coming out a while after gp2x and with 3 different systems i really don't see any of gameparks systems getting much support.

Shikaku posted on Aug 11 2006 at 10:12 PM said:
I'm going to write a Neo Geo setup FAQ, including how to edit the romrc yourself. Make sure you add that, that is the hardest emulator to get running =)
Thanks, Shikaku. I'll definitely add it when it's done. :)

jbrodack posted on Aug 12 2006 at 01:12 AM said:
nice update. I personally think gamepark are crazy with releasing 3 systems. i guess they are throwing out as many systems as possible and hoping one does well.

me im very happy with my gp2x and it would take something that would be a huge upgrade to make me want another similar system.

gph concentrated on the gp2x and now there is tons of software already for it. coming out a while after gp2x and with 3 different systems i really don't see any of gameparks systems getting much support.
Yeah, I know. Part of me wonders if Gamepark actually doesn't plan on releasing them all. They could just be putting them all out to see which ones get a positive reaction. After all, the XGP originally looked like a mutant with a folding widescreen until the community laughed Gamepark into changing it. :p

XerXerz posted on Aug 12 2006 at 03:43 AM said:
When clicking link, there is only images that is written gameparknewbie? How to viewing websites?
It only shows the newbie logo? I don't know what would cause that. Did you give it enough time to load..?

Back