gamepark console

papapopalung

Website
Visit site
they should release a 1 gigahertz console with cd-writer, hardware 3d, and some sort of internet/network addon...

if they did it right, it could replace every console i've got except the gamecube :)

and it could have the title of 'most powerful console in the world' (i'm not counting the hacked x-box)

and seeing as this is my wishes, it should have a trackball built into the joypad :)

Rcx21000's joural on using the super-GP32:

Day 1:
It was c00l. It could do this and that and emulate this and that! But after I finished playing it, my fingers were black.

Day 2:
I went to the doctor and he said that I was getting a serious burn from the spuer-GP32. He also suggested that it could be because I was switching batteries every few min...

Day 3: I retruned it, it is just too hard to use w/o getting serious injuries :(

:p

what I find amazing is that the older systems and even some newer systems had really nice looking games but the clock speed was really low, If i'm not mistaken the SNES only had a 14mhz processor or something low like that, and it ran really nice. Even the ps1 didn't have as much processing speed as the GP32, I think 1ghz would be Overkill.

extremegamer posted on Oct 31 2003 at 05:48 PM said:
If i'm not mistaken the SNES only had a 14mhz processor or something low like that,
lmao, it only had 3.3mhz

Mega Drive had a gobsmacking 7mhz :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
papapopalung posted on Oct 31 2003 at 04:53 PM said:
they should release a 1 gigahertz console with cd-writer, hardware 3d, and some sort of internet/network addon...
I think I already have something like that....
hmm...wait a mom...
YES. It's my PC. COOOL!

count zero posted on Oct 31 2003 at 10:03 PM said:
I think I already have something like that....
hmm...wait a mom...
YES. It's my PC. COOOL!
heh. :rolleyes: smartarse :p :p :p

whenever someone talks about upgrading the GP32 with extra addons, everyone says hey, it's my computer!

1 Ghz and a cd writier is over doing it.

And why are people trying to turn the gp32 into a computer. KEyboard Mouse internet?

Theres a thin lien between handheld and computer and keyboard mouse is way past the line...maybe wireless gamging, like play agasint anyone in your city(is that possible?)

I think the original comment was about a Gamepark Console, not "upgrading" a Gamepark32. So the console would be Gamecube to the Gamepark32's GBA. I think it would be cool to have a console system that can run all the major console games, but I don't think Gamepark will be the one making it ;)

whenever someone talks about upgrading the GP32 with extra addons, everyone says hey, it's my computer!
He was not talking about upgrading the gp32 but building a new console

and 1 ghz. with cd writer, internet, etc sounds tooo much like a pc to me.
i don't like the idea of the SUPER homeconsole, which can emulate everything, burn cds, play movies, check my mail, etc.
this is what i use my PC for!
what would be the difference to a normal pc? i don't see it

i like the gp32 because u can do so much things were ever u want to.
not only at home with a pc.

I do like the "Raw horsepower" approach to the GP32's hardware. Because of the lack of hardware tile modes and stuff, it makes it very friendly to program for. Which is pretty much the only reason the GP32 community is so strong right now.

I think if they were going to release a new handheld, then I would hope for it to be something similar. With a seperate Audio processor (so emulators don't slow down when you just want some sound), and with an Arm3D chip throwing out thousands of fixed point tris onto a lovely Hi-res 640x480 TFT screen. I would also like to see a change toward Compactflash as the storage medium. Oh and bluetooth built in :).

This is pretty much my ideal handheld machine right now.

um, why not say zodiac (bluetooth?) o, but wait, THERE ARE NOT EMU's YET! HAA!! :lol: Zodaic may have the guns, but we have the bullets, mofo!

um, why not say zodiac (bluetooth?) o, but wait, THERE ARE NOT EMU's YET! HAA!! :lol: Zodaic may have the guns, but we have the bullets, mofo!
Not suprising as the Zodiac has hardly began shipping.

But wait. if they have guns with no ammo and we have the ammo couldn't they just pistol whip us and take the bullets?

Not suprising as the Zodiac has hardly began shipping.

But wait. if they have guns with no ammo and we have the ammo couldn't they just pistol whip us and take the bullets?

HAHAHA, that was the funniest joke i have ever heard. NOT! Do you know what you just said? you just said that the zodaic could forcefully take the programs written for gp32 and use them. Umm, not possible???

IT WAS A METAPHORE

and seeing as this is my wishes, it should have a trackball built into the joypad :)
sounds succesfull. everyone knows consoles featuring trackball-controller are succesfull as hell. take the bandai pippin for example :)

:lol:

No seriously, i dont want a gamepark-console, im into handhelds much more. And there is almost nothing you cant do on one of the recent consoles, but theres way more to be made possible on handhelds, so im waiting for a gp64 first :)

you wanna gamepark console? a couple a people should get these and try to get the gp32 bios running on it (wiht support for usb controllers...)

it would be a fun toy....+ linux....

Back