Gamegear Emulator

Spykez

I can't remember if there was a topic about this or not, I can't for the life of me get the search engine to respond.

I think theres currently 1 emualtor from like alexkidd or something like that but it was a crashfest bugged program, is there any other emulators out that'll run game gear games?

DrMD (by Reesy) is a Megadrive/Sms/game gear emulator that was born on the GP32 and ported to the GP2x,
But so far has not seen a port to the Wiz.

DrMD is still a great emulator, Plays MD games almost as good as picodrive (But not MegaCD) and sms/gg
support is probably one of the best you`ll see on a handheld. But has sadly been neglected since notaz
released picodrive, Mainly because picodrive improved where DrMD left off. That, And Reesy has all but
left the scene, But has been known to pass this way once in a while.

I was going to say, That i`m not too sure if Reesy released the source code for DrMD, But i have just looked
on the file archive and found it here.

Trooper

Spykez said:
I can't remember if there was a topic about this or not, I can't for the life of me get the search engine to respond.

I think theres currently 1 emualtor from like alexkidd or something like that but it was a crashfest bugged program, is there any other emulators out that'll run game gear games?

I don't have any problem whatsoever playing Gamegear games on AlexKidd for Wiz. The screen size is just very small, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back