Game Maker on Pandora

lollipoppizza

Still Fresh
It would be really really really cool if there was Game Maker 8 on Pandora :D . It's a drag and drop game creator with very simple programming for people (like me) can't program in C++ :p . Most people make bad platformers but you can make really awesome games

Do you think it's a good idea?

How hard would it be to make it work on the Pandora?

Thanks!

game-maker-8-beta-1-ide-50.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Closed source means it can only be ported if the original developers deem to do so. There is rumour that they are porting it to the Raspberry Pi, which might lead to a binary that the Pandora could run, maybe, eventually.

Ok. Thanks!

Is there an equivelant that works on pandora?

To create games on a pc and then put them on pandora or create games directly on pandora.

Oh hey, I'd completely forgotten I did this: Game Editor is an open source game maker application. I never did get sound working properly, and for best performance games need to be made with the Pandora's resolution in mind, but for the most part it works well. Or did. I haven't touched it in a year and the firmware has changed so much lately that it may no longer be compatible. Yet another thing I started and never finished. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! :lol: But do you create/edit the game on the pandora or on a pc (and then put on sd card) and can you configure so that it works with Dpad, Nubs etc.?

You can create them on the PC and then export a .dat or directly on the Pandora (and still export a .dat)

As I recall, the dpad and game buttons worked (they are standard keys: arrows, home, end, pgup, and pgdn) but I don't remember ever testing the nubs. In theory they would work, they're simply joysticks, but some additional work might have been required that I can't think of.

Back