Game Editor

TylerAW

I was wondering since this works on the GP2X will this eventually be ported to the Pandora?

Game Editor

I used to use Game Maker 7 and I got pretty far with it until one day I just gave up due to school troubles and other things, but if this works anything like Game Maker than we should see a lot more home-brew out there.

Also the Source Code is Available I just thought if this was compiled instead of ran under Ginge we would not run into glitches n such.

Unless anybody else has a better suggestion?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they already have a Pandora compiled beta version...maybe ED knows much about it.

The runtime has been compiled, but it didn't run.

Pickle just made a quick compile but said the SDL libraries are somehow integrated in the runtime so that it didn't work that easily.

I'd love to have the runtime ported and working, as the Game Editor is really cool to create games :)

The runtime has been compiled, but it didn't run.

Pickle just made a quick compile but said the SDL libraries are somehow integrated in the runtime so that it didn't work that easily.

I'd love to have the runtime ported and working, as the Game Editor is really cool to create games :)
So would you say a lot of the glitches in the Pandora would be SDL related?

Will this ever work?

So would you say a lot of the glitches in the Pandora would be SDL related?

Will this ever work?

There are no SDL glitches in the Pandora... the GameEditor runtime is just very weird coded, if I understood correctly, it pulls in its own SDL libraries or something like that. It should just dynamically link to them, so that the Pandora ones will be used.

But sure, it shouldn't be too hard to make it work.

There are no SDL glitches in the Pandora... the GameEditor runtime is just very weird coded, if I understood correctly, it pulls in its own SDL libraries or something like that. It should just dynamically link to them, so that the Pandora ones will be used.

But sure, it shouldn't be too hard to make it work.
Good because I'm not going to learn to program any time soon :blink:

DO you think I could start building my game now for the PC with this program and than it should run what I made once it is ported or should I wait until I have my Pandora and this runs on it?

Looks like a really cool tool. Awesome that it's open source.
Agreed unfortunately Game Maker 8 which is a lot easier to pick up and use from the get go is not open source, it also has tons more features. I was able to get some Sora sprites from the GBA version of Kingdom Hearts able to walk around and jump with full animations in Game Maker (With zero programming knowledge), I just hope I can do the same things in Game Editor without too much trouble.

Another question, was Pickle trying to get Game Editor to run in Pandora so you can make games on the go? Or was he trying to get exported executables to run games made on a Desktop PC?

Has anyone had a go with LÖVE? It's an open source Lua interpreter/game API I've been messing around with. It seems pretty useful. Would love to see it on the Pandora.

This is the good about Pandora...everyone can choose whatever you are able to master to develop a game (Game Editor , LOVE , Bennu ecc).

Another question, was Pickle trying to get Game Editor to run in Pandora so you can make games on the go? Or was he trying to get exported executables to run games made on a Desktop PC?

Only the runtime, so no editing on-the-go :)

when you say only the runtime what does that actually mean? does it load the game editor up at all? whats its limitations in its current form?

You have an editor where you create the games.

Then you export them and it will create a package where your game is in.

Then you can run your game with that runtime, so it works on any system you have the runtime on.

At the moment, it doesn't do anything. Is just hangs. No errors, nothing else.

The same happens if you try to load broken gamedata on a desktop PC, so that runtime is not coded to report any errors.

You have an editor where you create the games.

Then you export them and it will create a package where your game is in.

Then you can run your game with that runtime, so it works on any system you have the runtime on.

At the moment, it doesn't do anything. Is just hangs. No errors, nothing else.

The same happens if you try to load broken gamedata on a desktop PC, so that runtime is not coded to report any errors.
If Pickle wants, he can send me the runtime. I haven't had time to build anything, but I can certainly take some time to run it through gdb.

This is the good about Pandora...everyone can choose whatever you are able to master to develop a game (Game Editor , LOVE , Bennu ecc).

Unfortunately none of those are currently working with the Pandora ;)

Only the runtime, so no editing on-the-go :)
OH cmon I know the Pandora can handle Game Editor, is it possible to get editing on-the-go or don't hold my breath?

There has to be a way to get the editor to run on the Pandora I mean that would be amazing NON coders making games for the Pandora ON the Pandora.

Should I request a port of the actual Editor to the Pandora or are requests being ignored? <_<

Patiently awaits an answer all day :pB) crosses fingers please let this run on Pandora the editor!

OH cmon I know the Pandora can handle Game Editor, is it possible to get editing on-the-go or don't hold my breath?

There has to be a way to get the editor to run on the Pandora I mean that would be amazing NON coders making games for the Pandora ON the Pandora.

Should I request a port of the actual Editor to the Pandora or are requests being ignored? <_<

Patiently awaits an answer all day :pB) crosses fingers please let this run on Pandora the editor!

Sure it's possible, but you asked if Pickle tried to port the editor or the runtime. The runtime would've been enough for a start ;)

Port Requests aren't ignored, if a dev is interested in porting, he will do that.

Back