G Mame

probably because they can play the same arcade games on better emulated systems on the GP32.

extremegamer posted on Aug 18 2004 at 04:21 PM said:
probably because they can play the same arcade games on better emulated systems on the GP32.
That may well be the case but the fact remains that every GP32 owner would love to see MAME up & running on their beloved handheld.

Any advancement on the MAME front can only be a good thing, and I for one wholeheartedly support it.

Last edited by a moderator:
use babelfish...

yes roms in gp://gmame .

however, my frogger does not work either, something shows up and the screen goes all weird and stuf but then crashes. havent tested on mame pc emulator, im not into this mame stuff normally :eek:

in that zip, do there maybe have to be directories or smth like dat?
my frogger is 16kb big, btw... anyone who can get it to work, please tell the size :p

edit: hurray! mega zone, frogger, 1942 now work! i probably hit the reset combo in frogger the first time i tried it, lol. ahh, 1942 is fun.

Mark posted on Aug 18 2004 at 04:11 PM said:
I saw this but didn't download it. Why isn't everyone downloading it?
Because it is too slow. The PC code is too bloated to run well on the GP32. It would require a complete re-write to be useful.

Wolfsclaw posted on Aug 18 2004 at 04:51 PM said:
edit: hurray! mega zone, frogger, 1942 now work! i probably hit the reset combo in frogger the first time i tried it, lol. ahh, 1942 is fun.
did you get it to work on the gp32 or was it on your PC?

ok, I tried it and it worked... (only tried 1942)

I put all the files in the zip file under "gp://gpmm"
and then I made a "gp://gmame" map and put the zip rom there.

(why didn´t they put the rom map under gpmm like everyone else.... :p )

Endurion posted on Aug 18 2004 at 07:38 PM said:
ok at I tried it and it worked... (only tried 1942)

I put all the files in the zip file under "gp://gpmm"
and then I made a "gp://gmame" map and put the zip rom there.

(why didn´t they put the rom map under gpmm like everyone else.... :p )
You are a genius! create a folder named gmame to go with the rest of your folders on your SMC: GPMM, GAME, GPSYS etc etc... Put your roms in there... Bingo!

P.S. my AMIDAR roms screen is flipped upside down, (usesless trivia bit) this is due to older arcade machines being displayed like this and having the image reflected onto a mirror which you see.

Back