fw idea

the new FW seems quite good but the MP3 player is missing...(even if Im using Yogg 0.1 and no more MP3)
This is a good idea to add MP3
see you ;)

yeah, but some (including me) have problems (PC doesnt recognize GP, if it does, you cant write files bigger than 260,096 bytes, which isnt enough to transfer another firmware). But Perhaps Win98 recognizes it, ill give it a try later (im using WINXP right now

Here's a better one:

wind-ups
GPFM (includes MP3 player)
Pac-rom
157 or euroFW

everything you could ever need :)

The current one is:
GP157e++
PacRom
Wind-Ups .9
PC-Link

Wind-Ups should be upgraded to .99 or wait till 1.0 to upgrade, and add another popular Shell/file launcher *IE YAFL*
thats all that is needed, since you can get your own MP3 player from the site, or ogg player

I have atm

wind ups 0.99
euro fw
comi

Personally I think it be enough to just have the first two or only windups when it can run gxe files and manlipate folders :) PC link, mp3 player and file managers can be ran from windups quite easily

Last edited by a moderator:
just be cool if you could fit it in. i always forget to put it on the smc. why bother putting an mp3 player on the origional fw? just for convenience. i think its a gud idea anyway.

Just Wind-ups, PacRom and any original firmware. You can choose to install any other software within these three.

Would be nice if Wind-ups could run the same things PacRom can (MP3-player and commercial software) that way the only choice would be: graphical or text. Now your choice is based upon limitations within the software.

As Craigix said.. there is limited space on flash. 480K for programs to be exact. MultiFW2 puts there ~1M worth of stuff (all compressed..) and that will be the limit until new version of b2fxec gets out <_<

Back