Release Freemind a mindmap tool

My mind is anything but free or mapped but I wanted to say that regardless the fact I haven't used freemind before and am learning how, it works just fine via your PND and WizardStans java PND, which installs and uninstalls fine aswell, with no issues caused to other Pandora apps/games etc.

I see there is now more Java apps to test.

Plan is: Add Big smiley face to centre of free - mindmap...then add a timetable of lots of lines for trains of thought, then co-ordinate large explosion in an area no one is looking at, due to some other more icon heavy, sparkly area of mind diversion. Have tin foil hat icon at the ready and where possible deploy common sense icons to boot! Though its more fun booting the foil heads... :p

Next line.......Install more java apps and beta test in a pointless manner some more! :D

Thanks for the apps, now I need to make them some apples.

Great to see freemind PND'd!

Nevertheless it's not working for me. After starting the app nothing happens. Java is installed but I didn't try any other Java dependent app.

I'm running on Hotfix5.

mcobit, in case you do something around Freemind, could you please pack the latest version 0.9?

Thanks!

It is working fine for me (HF5). Try to deinstall and reinstall java, as it will be uninstalled, as soon, as you move the card or rename it or anything.

If it still doesn't work, you could post the output from /tmp/pndrun_freemind.out here.

I have little time right now, but you could package it too. It's easy! Just take the pnd, extract it, replace the program, modify the PXML.xml and repack.

Edit: I see you're from Bonn... Viel Spass mit der Pandora!

Edit2: If you don't want to do this,, wait till I get a free minute on the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcobit's PND is also working for me on HF5.

But nevertheless, i've just repackaged FreeMind 0.9.0.

It's the full version (with exports etc.), so startup may take some seconds.

@mcobit: do you want to update the file-archive, or should i?

Thanks guys for your effort!

It seems there is something wrong with my kernel, it can't find 'loop device'. See the pndrun_freemind.out. Tried the 'modprobe loop' under root but got the mesage that the loop module is missing.

I flashed the latest hotfix5. Perhaps something went wrong during that process although I didn't notice any errors.

pndrun_freemind.out

Code:
sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/SDHC32GB_A/pandora/menu//freemind.pnd -e ./freemind.sh -b freemind
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon:
losetup: Could not find any loop device. Maybe this kernel does not know
about the loop device? (If so, recompile or `modprobe loop'.)

usedminor
freeminor 1
Filetype is Squashfs
Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :
/dev/loop1 on /mnt/pnd/freemind type squashfs (ro)
Filesystem is vfat
Mounting the Union FS using /media/SDHC32GB_A/pandora/appdata/freemind as Write directory:
mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/SDHC32GB_A/pandora/appdata/freemind=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/freemind=rr none /mnt/utmp/freemind
none on /mnt/utmp/freemind type aufs (rw,si=60c8f677,noplink)
none on /mnt/utmp/freemind type aufs (rw,si=60c8f677,noplink)
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]
Already linked ~/.freemind to our SD card
ERROR: Your Java VM is not a complete implementation,
=======================================
FREEMIND WILL MOST PROBABLY *NOT* WORK,
=======================================
define JAVACMD, JAVA_BINDIR, JAVA_HOME or PATH in order
to point to such a VM. See the manpage of freemind(1) for details.
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: Stale NFS file handle
Found java.pnd at /media/SDHC32GB_A/pandora/menu/java.pnd
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: Stale NFS file handle
sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/SDHC32GB_A/pandora/menu/java.pnd -b java -m
job-working-directory: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: Stale NFS file handle
job-working-directory: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: Stale NFS file handle
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon:
losetup: could not find any free loop device

usedminor 1
freeminor 2
Filetype is Squashfs
Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :
/dev/loop2 on /mnt/pnd/java type squashfs (ro)
Filesystem is vfat
Mounting the Union FS using /media/SDHC32GB_A/pandora/appdata/java as Write directory:
mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/SDHC32GB_A/pandora/appdata/java=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/java=rr none /mnt/utmp/java
/sbin/mount.aufs:mount.aufs.c:191: .: Stale NFS file handle
The Union File-system is not mounted !
The Union File-system is not mounted !
/usr/bin/java: line 21: /mnt/utmp/java/openjdk.sh: No such file or directory
cleanup done
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done

Ignore the missing loop module thing. Everyone gets that. I don't know why.

What I'm concerned about is this:

could not find any free loop device
How the deuce are you out of loop devices?!?! A loop device is basically a fake device which loops back into an existing device or file. It's what allows Linux to treat a file (ie a PND) as if it were a hard drive. By design there's only a finite number of these loop devices available.

In a terminal, type "ls -l /dev/loop*" and see what devices are returned. Unless you're running some PNDs already, you shouldn't see any, but from the error I'm going to bet you'll see a lot. Run "losetup /dev/loop1" (loop2, loop3, etc...) to find out what the loop device is actually attached to. I'm going to hazard a guess that you've been running PND applications that haven't terminated correctly and left their loop device lying around.

If I'm right, fastest way to fix it is to just restart. You could manually go through and remove each loop device, but that takes time. A restart starts you from fresh.

I was kinda impatient and flashed the device :)

This time I didn't choose the verbose output during flashing and all seemed to be smoother (during previous flashing I didn't see the 'Press Enter to shutdown' message).

Now I don't get any loop complaints anymore. I just had to run 'java' and 'javaws' commands from terminal and after that Freemind is running.

Thanks guys again!

mcobit's PND is also working for me on HF5.

But nevertheless, i've just repackaged FreeMind 0.9.0.

It's the full version (with exports etc.), so startup may take some seconds.

@mcobit: do you want to update the file-archive, or should i?

Thanks, you can update the filearchive. No problem here.

Did you do the symbolic link in the homedirectory? It was the only way for me to tell freemind to not save on the nand. If you came up with something better, that would be great too. Javaapps don't seem to honour the HOME variable...

Thanks, you can update the filearchive. No problem here.
Allright, will do!

Did you do the symbolic link in the homedirectory? It was the only way for me to tell freemind to not save on the nand. If you came up with something better, that would be great too. Javaapps don't seem to honour the HOME variable...
I've completly copied your code to do the link-magic into the new start-script of freemind! :)

Before that i also tried to do an "export HOME=...", but without luck. I've no idea why it's not honouring $HOME...

I'm having some problems running this. I wanted to use it for notetaking during breaks at work but I keep getting an error.

The error says "There seems to be an unrecoverable error. Please rerun the install proram" (mispelling by pandora, not me, btw)

When I right-click the icon and select 'Edit Launcher' I copy the 'Command' line to a terminal and get the following:

dean-openpandora:~$ /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/apps//freemind.pnd" -e "./freemind.sh" -b "freemind"

Mount the PND [sUCCESS]

Starting the application (./freemind.sh ) [ FAILED]

Restoring the frame buffer status [sUCCESS]

uMount the PND

The error pops up twice just before it shows FAILED.

I'm not sure what logs I could pull up to help pinpoint the reason for the failure, but if some would point the way I'd happily provide data. It's an excellent and helpful application for notetaking.

Oh, and I uninstalled and re-installed java, and re-downloaded the freemind pnd. I'm using hotflash 6, in case that matters.

Hi, java seems to have problems with hf6 iirc. See the javathread by WizardStan for details.

A useful log is always the out file from /tmp

Interesting application,anyway sometimes it closes ramdom... without any message

Interesting application,anyway sometimes it closes ramdom... without any message

It's a Java on the Pandora thing.. I've seen this behavior on any Java based application.

It may sound odd, but Overclocking may reduce the crashing.

Cool, I keep meaning to download and try this, but always forget

did not like the keybindings that much (had to get used to them), however, works very well (but havent used it for a while).

Dude, that is weird, I have this freemind from ages ago... v8.1.0... I never noticed it was not in the repo... dl and checking if I like it more.

Back