Release FreeCell

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Pretty much my first play with Qt. I think I really like it, has some really nice features.

This Freecell game is playable, but pretty slow when dragging cards, which is an impressive feat for a card game with basically no animation. It's most likely due to the fact I re-render the screen as the card is dragged - which is a lot of rendering.

If people are interested, I'll work on a better version, possibly throwing in a few other solitaire modes too (like http://en.wikipedia....%28solitaire%29 )

freecell.pnd

Attachments

• freecell.pnd
    169.9 KB · Views: 231
Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the effort, but this version is really basic as far as I can tell (unless I'm missing something). I can't seem to be able to drag multiple cards at a time, double click cards to put them in the holding area, double click cards in the holding area to automatically put them in the appropriate place in the playing area. If you can implement these features to make it more like the Windows 7 version that would be great. If this is what you mean by a better version then I'm definately interested.

For Freecell Fans, there is a almost perfect Freecell in the Gnome Games Compilation for the Pandora, works even at 300MHz perfectly and plays very well. I play it alot, togehter with the Mahjong Game from Gnomegames. :)

For Freecell Fans, there is a almost perfect Freecell in the Gnome Games Compilation for the Pandora, works even at 300MHz perfectly and plays very well. I play it alot, togehter with the Mahjong Game from Gnomegames. :)
there is a good one in the kde games collection too. Just slower than the gnome version (I do play the gnomes freecell a lot too)

But that's not the point here : having a dedicated game for pandora.

Like I realy think my panmines to be better suited to pandora than gnome/kde mines I have packaged.

Well, I always prefer the fastest game if I can choose in between different versions and because I can underclock gnome game so well I'm fine with them. However, would be nice if I only had the Freecell and Mahjong from the Gnome Games compilation, I don't need the other games that are also in this PND, some of them don't even work at all on the Pandora. The games produce ALOT of links in the XFCE Desktop menus, at least I can hide all the game links in Mini Menu. ^^"""

Well, I always prefer the fastest game if I can choose in between different versions and because I can underclock gnome game so well I'm fine with them. However, would be nice if I only had the Freecell and Mahjong from the Gnome Games compilation, I don't need the other games that are also in this PND, some of them don't even work at all on the Pandora. The games produce ALOT of links in the XFCE Desktop menus, at least I can hide all the game links in Mini Menu. ^^"""
Use the OVR editor to hide the one you dont use ;)

And sorry for the offtopicness ;)

I appreciate the effort, but this version is really basic as far as I can tell (unless I'm missing something). I can't seem to be able to drag multiple cards at a time, double click cards to put them in the holding area, double click cards in the holding area to automatically put them in the appropriate place in the playing area. If you can implement these features to make it more like the Windows 7 version that would be great. If this is what you mean by a better version then I'm definately interested.
Yes, "really basic" is correct.

Actually, double click should put them in the free cells. Works fine when I run on the desktop (Windows and Linux), I didn't really try on the Pandora though.

There was no multi-card moves.

Regarding the "double click cards in the holding area to automatically put them in the appropriate place in the playing area" - I've never even heard of this, and doesn't make any sense to me, esp' if there are multiple supported locations.

The point of this was really to see if anybody wanted a freecell game... (and/or other solitaire games)

Features I'm thinking of adding if I do rewrite:

• Multicard move support
  • Automatic complete on cards (ie, remove aces to the destination etc.)
  • Undo

I may consider a hint system, but I don't know

I'll be honest, I didn't know this. Linux isn't my primary operating system, so I don't know the places to look for such things, and overlooked that in the Pandora repo. I'll take a look at it, might not really be worth carrying on with my version.

True, but if there's already an effort better than mine, I wonder if there actually is a point, beyond programming exercise, in the rewrite.

Use the OVR editor to hide the one you dont use ;)
OVR does not work in desktop mode. ;) At least not the hiding.

I'll be honest, I didn't know this. Linux isn't my primary operating system, so I don't know the places to look for such things, and overlooked that in the Pandora repo. I'll take a look at it, might not really be worth carrying on with my version.
I also don't know nothing about Linux but I knew that these GnomeGames were ported ages ago to the Pandora. Because of that they are not in the Repo, you can find it in EDs Archive:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,37,221

You can choose the Freecell mode in the Card game. There are alot of Card game modes in. ^^

True, but if there's already an effort better than mine, I wonder if there actually is a point, beyond programming exercise, in the rewrite.
Test gnome/kde card games on your pandora. If you feel that you can do better suited for our handheld, go ahead. (in the case of the minesweeper, the right click as flag mechanism was enough to get me started on panmines :p )

Test gnome/kde card games on your pandora. If you feel that you can do better suited for our handheld, go ahead. (in the case of the minesweeper, the right click as flag mechanism was enough to get me started on panmines :p )
Where can I find the KDE version? I've searched the repo and OpenHandhelds - That said I missed GnomeGames, soooo

Edit: Ignore that, found them...

I've run the GnomeGames edition side by side with mine. Whilst the Gnome one performs better, I find the background too dark and the cards harder to read.

I've run the GnomeGames edition side by side with mine. Whilst the Gnome one performs better, I find the background too dark and the cards harder to read.
You can go fullscreen in Freecell and the other Games. ;) If you disable the (way to large) ingame menu too (over menu options somewhere), you really have FULL screen then, in this mode you can see all the cards perfectly, because they scale up to fit the screen size better. ^^

Yeah, I turned off the massive toolbar, that was one of the first things I looked for. I'll keep playing with those two, and see if one of them satisfy my hunger. If they do, I have plenty of project plans to choose, and still need to finish Werewolves for the PC too; though that's nice and close from a coding perspective (I think)

Back