free launcher help

garyrodgers

Still Fresh
i have freelauncher installed and install an emulator and a rom just wondering how to open free launch and get the emulators to work

erm... the freelauncher comes from Gamepark in the form of a FPK, which you install from the PCLink file/install menu. Then you need to either place an emulator's FXE in gp:\GPMM (or install it if it comes as a FPK). Where you place the rom is based on the emulator - read the readme.

If something isn't showing up, try downloading it again.

--jo "directhex" shields

garyrodgers posted on Mar 17 2003 said:
i have freelauncher installed and install an emulator and a rom just wondering how to open free launch and get the emulators to work
If you have it installed, then just start the GP32. Choose the GAME icon. It will load a second. Then the Freeloader will show up. Run it. It will then show any properly installed EMUs or programs. Just choose the one you want and run it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I HAVE THE FREE LAUNCHER INSTALL PLUS EMULATOR AND A ROM PLUS A FEW GAMEPARK GAME DEMOS BUT NO ICONS ARE COMINGUP AND FREE LAUNCHER WONT OPEN

if freelauncher is LISTED but not loading, re-download it from gamepark and try it again. if freelauncher isn't listed, make sure you installed the fpk instead of transferring it.

your first post would be hard-pushed to be less descriptive of your problem, so there's no need to get angry.

--jo "directhex" shields

Official first 'cunt' of the message board....perhaps --

garyrodgers - perhaps if you were more descriptive and specific in what you have acheived so far - and where the trouble lies. You may have your troubles solved...

--I would never bother helping someone with such an attitude.

Im having trouble running any games from the free launcher. It comes up with an error (which i cant read) with a red title and red border. I installed it properly, and it says its successful and everything. Ive also triied other programes, and they dont work.

That's not an error - it's just a screen that tells you the program is loading...

so what happens after that screen?
Nothing?

An error like that when you load the Freelauncher suggests it can't find any games. make sure .FXE files are stored in gp:/GPMM

--jo "directhex" shields

When the error comes up, it wont do anything until I press "A", then it just goes back to the freelauncher selection screen. The files are all in the right place, im totally sure of that.

Note that the games are actually in the menu, the SMS emu for example, displays itself and is selectable, the error comes up after i select the game.

it's always worth re-downloading to be sure. it downloaded badly for me thie first time...

--jo "directhex" shields

also read the docs that comes with the emu you want to use, the roms have to be unzipped sometimes and put in a specific folder "gpmm/nes"?

Back