Fpaint

Grz-

Still Fresh
Hello,

FPaint is a drawing app for GP2X F200 working with touchscreen.

v0.5_Final.png

Features:
- 16 Configurable quick color
- Custom color picker (edit colors.bmp)
- Pen/Eraser tool with custom size
- Color picker tool
- Zoom (slow on big image)
- Undo/Redo
- Loading/Saving image (work with id)
[cut]
Controls:
- Select: Switch to second/first color
- Start: Exit
- Arrow: Scroll the image (usefull in zoom mode)
- A: Hide the toolbar
- B: Overclock the GP2X CPU by 5 (max is 265)
- Y/X: Zoom in/out when zoom tool is selected
- L/R: Change file id
- Vol+/-: Change pen/eraser size
[/cut]

Downloads v0.5: http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,4,2582

Not for F-100, right? ^_^

There is a F-100 Paint programm but this is very beta and discontinued. ( http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,4,2322 ) And it had just a fixed (and very strange) palette. I really could need a useful Paint programm for F-100, especially Pixel-per Pixel drawing for Dot-Art etc.. Including a useful palette, self defined Colours over RGB, Zoom, grid, copy+paste etc. :)

Right but i will try to add F100 support soon, cool idea for the grid ill try to add it in a future release (with more brushes and more tools).

Grz- said:
Right but i will try to add F100 support soon, cool idea for the grid ill try to add it in a future release (with more brushes and more tools).
Yupp, a grid is useful in combination with zoom for exact pixeling. :) The other Paint program had a fix maginfied Zoom Area with grid but no full screen zoom. And you only had one Image-Size (bad if you want to draw a 32x32px Icon). The other paint program only supported BMP files. Which File Formats support your program? PNG and .gif and .jpg would be nice. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
Grz- said:
Yupp, a grid is useful in combination with zoom for exact pixeling. :) The other Paint program had a fix maginfied Zoom Area with grid but no full screen zoom. And you only had one Image-Size (bad if you want to draw a 32x32px Icon). The other paint program only supported BMP files. Which File Formats support your program? PNG and .gif and .jpg would be nice. :)

BMP only in save. The image size will be configurable in the next version. :) Thanks for your suggestion.

Ooh a new paint program! I was looking for one of those, woo!!

Will give it a try tonight :)

"SunSpire"

Grz- said:
BMP only in save.
Why nobody loves PNG? ^_^ BMP is so old, unflexible and untransparent... and uncompressed. :D
But for quick sketches, drawings it should be OK. The rest is done with the PC. Oh, the other Paint Program seems to have trouble with correct Colours. I had drawn a Pic onto the GP2X and on my PC, the RGB values of the image were totaly different than onto GP2X paint :lol:

Another suggestion: a function to use a Colour palette straight from a Image if you open a 8bpp image. The colours are transfered into a palette so you can continue drawing with the palletized Colours of the image or save and load the Palette for another Image. Just a Idea. ^_^

Hello,

FPaint 0.6 is released, same link as the first post for download.

shot1_0000.png

Changelog:
- F100 support added
- PNG format added for save/load
- New set of icons and minors changes on the UI
- Jukebox (mp3/ogg/mod player) added, put your mp3/mod/ogg in the jukebox folder (mp3 can cause randoms crashs)
- 3 new brushs (circle/circle/box no filled)
- New function for create image with custom size
- Optimization for the zoom mode

Controls:
- Select: Switch to second/first color
- Start: Exit
- Arrow: Scroll the image (usefull in zoom mode) or move the pointer (on F100 pointer mode)
- A: Hide/Display the toolbar on F200 / Select/Draw on F100
- B: Overclock the GP2X CPU by 5 (max is 265)
- Y/X: Zoom in/out when zoom tool is selected, when zoom tool is not selected change settings mode with Y / change F100 mode with X on F100 (scrolling mode/pointer mode or hide/display toolbar)
- L/R: Change file id or change the width of the new image on new image window
- Vol+/-: Change settings selected with Y or change the height of the new image on new image window

Looks promising. I have an F100, and i've been hoping for a Gmenu2x icon editor for a LONG time. Looks like this program might finally fill that spot.

Just a few notes/suggestions: It takes FOREVER to change the image size for new images. Adding an option to hold the button for fast decrese is needed. And/or add an button to select 32x32 automatically, since it's the size used for gmenu icons.
Also, having the image centered when editing a smaller pic would be great. As well as some way to see the border of the image.

Feel free to ignore all of these suggestions :D

I've tested the programm. I don't want to complain but somehow this program is still a little bit slow and the usability isn't that great. What eats all the Proceccor Power? Included Overclocking is ok but you shouldn't waste this option to the B-Button. The program could need a menu for this. (and I have GMenu2X so I don't actualy need another overclocking option) Because of the F-100 Button lack there could be more important features onto the B-Button.
Somehow the controls are a little bit confusing for me. And the App crashed from time to time (in colour select window for example). Zoom Feature should keep the Pic in the Center and yes, the resizing image feature could also need a overhaul.
I couldn't manage to load a pic from SD, there was a error message about a missing Graphic File..(?)

With a real Menu and alternative button-usage, the program will be much mor usable. :)

fusion_power said:
I've tested the programm. I don't want to complain but somehow this program is still a little bit slow and the usability isn't that great. What eats all the Proceccor Power? Included Overclocking is ok but you shouldn't waste this option to the B-Button. The program could need a menu for this. (and I have GMenu2X so I don't actualy need another overclocking option) Because of the F-100 Button lack there could be more important features onto the B-Button.
Somehow the controls are a little bit confusing for me. And the App crashed from time to time (in colour select window for example). Zoom Feature should keep the Pic in the Center and yes, the resizing image feature could also need a overhaul.
I couldn't manage to load a pic from SD, there was a error message about a missing Graphic File..(?)

With a real Menu and alternative button-usage, the program will be much mor usable. :)
Try to save/reopen the image, you will notify a big boost of performance :D , it's because the loaded image is directly converted to the screen format, but i missed to do that for the new image function, ill fix it in a next version. ;)
I know controls are a bit confusing, ill see for adding a second toolbar.

It's strange you have a crash, maybe it's specific to the F100 version, i tested it for around 1h on the F200 and don't have crash... if someone with F100 can test please... :)

All of others feature will added in the next version.

For loading pics it's by id, no file selector, you have to put your pic into the save folder with something like this for the name : img_0.bmp / for PNG: img_0.png

The controls are quite clever and not that hard once you got the hang of it, tho I managed to press start by mistake after drawing a neat piccie ... :blink:

Can't complain much really, I like it! A color filler to fill an object or an entire page with one color would be nice, oh and when working with a white background you can't read the text in the top left corner as it is white also, a black bar behind it would solve the problem.

Well done :)

"SunSpire"

Back