Flashpoint; flash game preservation project.

sm0kew0n

Very Active Member

I haven't seen this mentioned here yet so... I believe this is from our very own @BlueMaxima and it's a pretty darn cool way to play Flash games, over 10,000 so far. I've been using the Infinity version on Linux which allows you to only download games when you want to play them, if you want the whole lot then it's currently 52GB :eek:

Check it out at http://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/ well worth a look for some cool games and a community committed to making them playable beyond the demise of Flash on the web.

I'm trying the "infinity" version, and it is not so very usable right now (and also in the Readme file is written that some functionality just aren't there in comparison with the full version)...

I tried to run some random flash games and I had to restart the flash player for every single file the games required...

Example, I launch the game for the first time, an empty flash window opens... and that's it... the log show that the relative swf was downloaded... so I close flash and launch again the game... in the flash window I see what seems like a broken game menu (buttons without labels)... and that's it... the log show an XML was downloaded... so I close flash, restart the game and the menu has labels, then I click on one and an infinite loading screen appear... I see in the log that another XML was downloaded... so again, close flash, restart game, etc...

And this just for one game...

(At least this is the behaviour on Windows)

EDIT: I had to finish the first level of a game for 3 times while restarting every time because at the end of the level more then one file needed to be downloaded... seems impossible to play like this.

If only the full version wasn't SO huge...

@ible : the external links in the games are still there, and also the adv-banners

Last edited:
They only games I remember playing on whatever that massive flash game site used be called were endless runners. I didn't realise there were games like SuperHot (first three levels only mind you) on there.

Shame this actually requires an install of adobe flash to run. I nuked that from my systems a couple of years ago. If I could figure out how to run a copy and forbid it internet access it might be nice to try out some of the better games, but I'm not sure how many would actually run happily without an internet connection, and I haven't yet figured out how to do that for any linux processes.

Shame this actually requires an install of adobe flash to run.

It uses the flashplayer executable already present in it's own archive, the whole thing seems pretty portable, you just extract the archive and launch the GUI, all the programs needed are already in their respective subfolders.

It runs on windows only I assume. As a largely devout linux user (or at least someone's whose never paid into the font of bill themselves), I consider this an archive of swf files. I assume I could dig them out of the download, but then I'd need to figure out how to run the old and holey flash players I have backed up disconnected from t'internet.

I dont get why i have to download a freaking 300mb file just to do swf downloads.

@levi : there's also a linux version, but I don't know how it works

@Elw3 : the point is to have a database with pictures, links and programs needed, all in one place... it doesn't manages only flash games but most of the web technology used for them, and anyway, it contains even older versions of the flash player, for compatibility with older creations

I actually like the idea, but should be improved how it is working... the choice between a 60GB download and a 500MB one with broken games is not good at all...

Anyway, one can still play online without issue using the link provided by the GUI, it doesn't download locally the game this way, but still is opened in a standalone flashplayer, and not from a browser page full of banners.

Last edited:
Well that main site has been updated since yesterday and the linux link is gone now. I'm pretty sure it was this here though. Can't say much for the windows version @PowerGod but I've had good results with linux.

Yes, the Linux link seems disappeared from the page... but the file is still on Google Drive

The link for linux was this

@sm0kew0n : games that have just a file works fine (have to restart just one time), but games that needs more raise the hell up...

Can you try the game "Zombie Hooker Nightmare XXXMas", and tell the result ? (It's just a funny zombie shooter, despite the name)

escape from puppy death factory is one of my favorite flash games. it's like a metroid explorer game, but you have all the tools you ever get at the very start. (which seems more realistic, in contrast to Samus starting with zero gear...)

Back