flashing or something O.O

Q-Wi-Q

[Quincy Archer hates you]
well, a friend of mine told me that when I buy a GP32 I'll have to be really careful, because "flashing" or something can ruin it... I did not get an ounce of what he meant, he also warned me NOT to buy a second hand GP32 because they can be non-working because of this flashing :p

can anyone explain? :/

Flashing means changing the preinstalled operating system. This is also known as the firmware. Firslty, there is no way you could accidently flash your firmware, so don't worry about it too much. Secondly, problems only occur if you do flash you firmware and the batteries run out while you are flashing (for example). This would result in a non-working console.

flashing is the only way to update/upgrade or only change your Firmware (something like the GP32 OS)
If the flash return an error then your GP32 is DEAD (except if Mr Spiv help 'coz I heard he can)
thats all foks
I already flashed 5 times without any problems
The choice is yours
see you ;)

I wouldn't worry about buying one second hand, if the person selling it to you assures you either that (a) it hasn't been flashed, or (-b-) that if it has, it works perfectly well, you should be fine.

Back