Flash Clearifaction

Xenjoi

Still Fresh
Hello! New fourm member and soon to be Wiz owner (should be in tomorrow) here! I browsed the board already looking for an answer to my question without having to ask it but haven't found exactly what im looking for. I would have posted on those threads but they were all dead for a good duration and figured a new topic could potentially put this whole thing to rest. The question of internet based flash games is perplexing. one post stated that full screen scaling or motion was a rough thing to process without some muscle. does that mean that a flash game such as Fancy Pants adventures is out of the question?? that would be super sweet if playable!

Thanks in advance!! :lol:

Xenjoi

Well idk bout flash i really havent tried much i did try and down load the world of murloc game and put it on there it didnt work so idk

EDIT: i just tryed sonic flash and it work so so needs work

hmm, I found the world of murloc game. I cant really tell if it looks more or less complex the fancy pants. more color on screen but at least they are static backgrounds...... If anyone is interested in trying but doesn't know how to pull a game off the internet, an easy way is to grab the url (preferably from addictinggames.com cause thats one of the only sites i got to work for the next step (haven't tried to many though for the record)) for the game you want. go to file2hd.com and change the filter to objects. paste the url and search. you should see a .swf file. copy that and put it on an SD card to the Wiz and test! Again, I don't have mine yet but if I am to understand correctly you can bing buttons from the flash menu??

Thanks,
Xenjoi

darkriku posted on May 20 2009 at 08:52 PM said:
Well idk bout flash i really havent tried much i did try and down load the world of murloc game and put it on there it didnt work so idk

EDIT: i just tryed sonic flash and it work so so needs work

I just tried out Sonic flash on my laptop. MUCH closer to fancy pants. in fact, it may be more demanding then FPA. but I'm not sure how comparable the code is or what the Wiz shows preference towards. o well, thanks for the info we're getting somewhere here!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I really tried in flash was Alien Hominid, it worked... but it ran super slow... and I also found an old flash version of Kaboom! I was hoping to play with the stylus (mimicking mouse movement) but I couldn't get past the title screen, I guess the controls needed to be remapped or something.

I read on another post that they had a key maper in the flash player?? my mail hasn't come yet, I hope it comes in today =\

The only two flash things I tried were both from Homestar Runner (one cartoon and one game). Neither had sound, I'm not sure what the specific reason for this is. However, they otherwise played just fine and for the game the controls worked just fine too. Does anyone know what would cause the sound to not work?

Xenjoi posted on May 21 2009 at 05:53 PM said:
I read on another post that they had a key maper in the flash player?? my mail hasn't come yet, I hope it comes in today =\
yeah but u cant map arrows

I have tried multiple flash games on my wiz. They are all to slow to be playable. I hope it is somthing I did because the flash player was one of my main reasons for buying it.

Sparx posted on May 22 2009 at 02:18 PM said:
I have tried multiple flash games on my wiz. They are all to slow to be playable. I hope it is somthing I did because the flash player was one of my main reasons for buying it.
i hear ya there man. i got my unit in yesterday and tried fancy pants 1 and 2. FPA2 does not play at all. its is flash 9 so we cant even go there.........FPA on the other hand works, but is pretty slow. id like the think bumping the clock to 650-700mhz would help this but I'm not sure that it will be the answer. besides, is there a way to increase the processor speed for the unit as a whole? not just a per process (application bases?) also, what is the likelihood of either a 3rd party flash app thats streamlined or better support through Firmware?

DurTahar posted on May 22 2009 at 06:44 PM said:
darkriku posted on May 22 2009 at 12:55 AM said:
yeah but u cant map arrows
Isn't the d-pad automatically set to the arrows?
/nod yup yup but from the look of it, its a moot point if no internet based flash games run 100% smooth =\

DurTahar posted on May 21 2009 at 07:26 PM said:
Does anyone know what would cause the sound to not work?
As a test I created a simple flash file to play an audio sample, and so far I cannot get flash to play audio on my Wiz. I will ask GPH tomorrow morning why this is. It's likely you have to use a specific format.

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 27 2009 at 10:36 PM said:
DurTahar posted on May 21 2009 at 07:26 PM said:
Does anyone know what would cause the sound to not work?
As a test I created a simple flash file to play an audio sample, and so far I cannot get flash to play audio on my Wiz. I will ask GPH tomorrow morning why this is. It's likely you have to use a specific format.
I was told a while back that their player can only play OGG files. Try that I guess?

That's annoying as I currently use Flash 8 pro,and that doesn't recognise ogg files :(. I wonder if there's a patch for it or will I have to upgrade, an upgrade will be expensive.

Back