Release Flare

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is an updated Flare PND.

Thanks to Sebt3, I updated the old PND on the repo. So now it's version 0.19 for the Engine, and 0.18 for the Data. I'm afraid your old savegames won't work.

preview5.png
I have left the configuration untouched, but you should go to "config" menu at first launch. Here, you can use a "no mouse mode" (but the mouse is still usable, just your caracter don't face the mouse), and redefined "Main1" to {X}/{B}/{A} and "Main2" to {B}/{X}/whatever you like. With this setup, you can play with DPad + Buttons to Attack, and Space to open crate / talk to NPC (but you can also redirect Space to Pandora button).

Please tell if you want a default config (and which one).

History log

=========

build 02

----------

• Updated Engine and Data from git.
build 01

----------

• Initial build
  • Based on 0.19 Engine
  • Just FullScreen as default

Last edited by a moderator:
Plays very well so far. The only bug I've noticed is when I went into the configuration on the first launch. For some reason everything shrunk down considerably like I changed the resolution which is weird because I didn't actually change anything. To fix it I had to delete the Flare folder in appdata and relaunch the game. This time I didn't go into the config menu and everything was fine.

Plays very well so far. The only bug I've noticed is when I went into the configuration on the first launch. For some reason everything shrunk down considerably like I changed the resolution which is weird because I didn't actually change anything. To fix it I had to delete the Flare folder in appdata and relaunch the game. This time I didn't go into the config menu and everything was fine.
Strange, I didn't have this problem on my side.

Me neither.  Though the "Primary/Secondary" buttons in config from your description seem to be labeled "Main1/Main2".  Took me awhile to figure that out.

Otherwise I had meant to play for a ten to fifteen minutes to see if it was worth keeping and ended up on it for almost two hours, so must be pretty good.  Thanks for the port.

Me neither.  Though the "Primary/Secondary" buttons in config from your description seem to be labeled "Main1/Main2".  Took me awhile to figure that out.

Otherwise I had meant to play for a ten to fifteen minutes to see if it was worth keeping and ended up on it for almost two hours, so must be pretty good.  Thanks for the port.
OOh yes, I'll upadte 1st post and repo with Main1/Main2. Thanks for mentionning it.

I've just discovered this game, it seems promising.

It would be great if the mouse worked like in Diablo games. You click an enemy and the character goes there and attack.

The way it is now (click to go near the enemy and click the enemy to attack) I think will complicate the game when things get harsh later in the game.

PtitSeb, could you do something about it? I would much appreciate it :)

Thank you for your work.

I've just discovered this game, it seems promising.

It would be great if the mouse worked like in Diablo games. You click an enemy and the character goes there and attack.

The way it is now (click to go near the enemy and click the enemy to attack) I think will complicate the game when things get harsh later in the game.

PtitSeb, could you do something about it? I would much appreciate it :)

Thank you for your work.
I'll update engine and game content and will take a look.

I see what you mean, but that doesn't sound easy, so no promises I'll succeed doing something useable (try to simulate a "miss click" if the character is to far to attack, but stop the miss-click as soon as the attack can be done.. something like that).

One more thing: I've started to play the game with the "adept" character and as it uses spells it's not necesary to be next to the enemy, so it solves in a way the problem with the mouse.

But I've encountered another issue: isn't there any way to quick save? Or at least be able to save without exiting the game...

P.s. I see now.. It is made so if you die you are penalized.

So, I updated both Engine and Data (the Data are much bigger now, so I suspect more content has been added since last version :) ).

But I didn't found any practical way to do the target or move click. I may find an idea later, but I think it will be very tricky to do, because it's probably more in the Game than in the Engine that this must be coded.

Anyway, you can enjoy an updated version now.

build 02

----------

• Updated Engine and Data from git.

Back