GP2X Firmware 1.4.0 And Sdl_mixer

Parkydr

Developing for the GP2X since 2006
Website
www.parkydr.ezeedsl.co.uk
I've just updated to the 1.4.0 firmware and the sounds/music in Freedroid plays too fast (sounds like Pinky and Perky or the Smurfs depending on your age :) ).

I've seen this mentioned in the Hw Accelerated Sdl thread and I do use paeryn's SDL but do other people have the same problem with the "official" SDL libraries?

Last edited by a moderator:
Parkydr posted on Feb 28 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
Guyfawkes posted on Feb 28 2006 at 03:59 PM said:
changed nothing, built it with your toolchain.

I used ooPo's toolchain too, at the start of February :(

But I just tried it and it works! ???? :eek:

Freedroid 0.4 coming soon ...

Guyfawkes posted on Feb 28 2006 at 04:59 PM said:
changed nothing, built it with your toolchain.
Thanks for the PM reply yesterday :)

Guyfawkes I have find the lib (of your libs) that solves the sound speed problem, it's mikmod lib. I try to recompile many times with ooPo script (and toolchain) and the sound problem continued, but when I replace my libmikmod.a with your libmikmod.a (just only this lib), and compile and probe any audio test in the GP2X the audio fast speed problem just disappear, it plays at normal speed, and not only with trackers modules but WAV or OGG too :blink:

You used another precompiled toolchain to compile the libs with ooPo script? and what is the linux distribution that you use in your system?

I thought mikmod played mod, xm etc. so no idea why replacing that would fix everything such as OGG and WAV... strange :) I have some free time today (at last) so I am going to build the latest libs and also see if i can find out the cause of the audio problem.

To compile the libs I use cygwin and then let oopos toolchain do the rest.

quick update, i recompiled payerns SDL with the latest version of his source and all seems to be going well. i didnt recompile the other libs (SDL_Mixer etc) as nothings changed in those, also i didnt want to run the risk of buggering up my build of the audio related libs :)

later on tonight im gonna sort everything out on a new install of devkitgp2x and package up all the libs and includes. Similar setup as before with two downloads, devkitgp2x and the libs, this way its easier to update in the future. I will also include some of theoddbots libs that were in his package; libcairo, libsvg, libxml2 etc. I havent tried these myself but they should work.

Back