Firefox

GPJosh

Addicted to Chrono Trigger
Website
Visit site
I've been using Firefox for a while and I know there is a feature somewhere that lets it act like IE. Does anybody know a way to turn this feature on? :huh:

Why in hell do you want it to act like IE?

I have a feeling that's what NssOne said. :ph34r:

Seriously, I've never heard of this feature. Do you mean the one that makes it identify as IE? I believe you can get that as a plugin-thingy.

I think he means that Firefox should tell the site that it is IE. Some evil ppls program their sites so they show an error if the browser isn't IE.

Last edited by a moderator:
rcx21000 posted on May 11 2004 at 09:28 AM said:
I think he means that Firefox should tell the site that it is IE. Some evil ppls program their sites so they show an error if the browser isn't IE.
wtf that's really mean.
EDIT: lol I bet microsoft do it :p

Yeah, some sites just don't run if it's not told it's IE. (ALL of Microsoft's site have problems in Firefox due to IE's depended on security holes)

c0ncept posted on May 11 2004 at 08:29 AM said:
doesn't opera have that ability built into it?
Yes opera has that built into it, and so do some versions of mozilla. The whole concept behind firefox is to not build in a boat load of features, just let the users select the features they want via extensions.

Yeah, some sites just don't run if it's not told it's IE. (ALL of Microsoft's site have problems in Firefox due to IE's depended on security holes)

Those security holes are called activex :)

No really, many microsoft websites are heavily dependent on client-side activex. Things that all non IE clients have difficulties with. Thankfully a VERY VERY low percentage of websites use these (microsofts is the only one I have ran into in my many many years of web surfing) so even with the plugin to report as IE, you still cant use microsofts update page and a few other similar microsoft pages.

But for the other 99.9% of pages that say they only work with IE, so deny you access unless you have IE, are complete bull, and work perfect in other browsers like Firefox, Opera, etc... (thus the whole user agent switcher need)

Back