Release Firefox 28.0 in repo

Thanks again. Pandora wouldn't be the same without it :)

I was wondering: do you think it's also possible to port Thunderbird? Or is it just too bloated to work good? (Actually I'm mainly interested in the lightning plugin ...)

Does anyone know how to make java work in firefox or any other web browser on Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
FireFox 29 with new Australis design is out.

Excellent work, but I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to this recurring problem that seems to happen often, and certainly to me every three or four updates.

Had firefox 27.0, but updated to firefox 28.0 but it does not run. The usual solution on the forums seems to be to delete the appdata and start afresh. But doing that loses me my add-ons, bookmarks, logins, history and settings which takes days and weeks to set right again.

Does anyone know which files in the appdata are causing this so I can delete just those, and keep most of my settings?

Failing that, where can I get the .pnd of the old firefox 27.0, as I'd rather roll back to that just now? Unfortunately pnd manager deletes old .pnds, and they go from the repo! My last card back up is 22.0. Yes, I know I should have backed it up before doing the update - I am an idiot.

Thanks in advance.

There should be an option on the repo site to download archived versions. I don't believe this can be done through pnd manager, but you should be able to replace the pnd manually if you download from the site in your web browser.

If you can post the /tmp/pndrun_hdonk_firefox_001.out file then perhaps someone can identify why it won't start and come up with a more specific solution that doesn't kill your profile.

- Neelix

Excellent work, but I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to this recurring problem that seems to happen often, and certainly to me every three or four updates.

Had firefox 27.0, but updated to firefox 28.0 but it does not run. The usual solution on the forums seems to be to delete the appdata and start afresh. But doing that loses me my add-ons, bookmarks, logins, history and settings which takes days and weeks to set right again.

Does anyone know which files in the appdata are causing this so I can delete just those, and keep most of my settings?

Failing that, where can I get the .pnd of the old firefox 27.0, as I'd rather roll back to that just now? Unfortunately pnd manager deletes old .pnds, and they go from the repo! My last card back up is 22.0. Yes, I know I should have backed it up before doing the update - I am an idiot.

Thanks in advance.
Better solution would be to look where FireFox does store the settings and do a backup.

Thanks loads, edgex004, I've never noticed the archived options on the website before with PNDmanager sorting it all out.

I've rolled back to 27.0 and all is well again!

Thanks for the replies, I'll try again when 29.0 comes out and see what happens then.

wow, version 29 is so bad it's astonishing.

The interface is crappy as hell, it's way slower than previous versions too and simply unusable on Pandora. Mozilla seriously messed up.

wow, version 29 is so bad it's astonishing.

The interface is crappy as hell, it's way slower than previous versions too and simply unusable on Pandora. Mozilla seriously messed up.
Hmm I'm not liking the new interface, but I almost felt it was faster..

Yes they make Firefox bigger and bigger and its near to exploding.

I miss the good old Firefox 3.6 :)

That was a real good Version of Firefox ;)

Back