Release Firefox 24.0 in repo

As always: thank you very much!!

Seems to work great so far, can't test the plugin-permission problem though.

otherwise well done it seems even faster than the 23rd! It scrolls very very well almost like on my smartphone. Impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
See this is why I don't do every update.  It has only been WEEKS since 23 came out...and now we have 24.

At SOME point, I will update, and then skip about the next five updates...lol

otherwise well done it seems even faster than the 23rd! It scrolls very very well almost like on my smartphone. Impressive.
I was about to ask if it's just me or if it really got better in this respect (again!) ... YAY, all praise hdonk! :)

Too bad your problem wasn't solved though. You should really consider using an ext4 partition. Setting it up is easy using GParted on the Pandora. Only hazzle is moving existing data around, so I can understand if that is too much. I only did this after I got a bigger SD card and set it up with 2 partitions right from the start ... it solved several problems (including the one you have with Firefox and PlugIns) and it is supposed to be faster, too.

ekianjo,

Did you try to launch Firefox from the command line with sudo? I have to do this to install themes and some extensions.

ekianjo,

Did you try to launch Firefox from the command line with sudo? I have to do this to install themes and some extensions.
I would like to undersatnd first why i nee to do that on my Pandora while on my desktop PC running Linux all extensions install just fine without root access. It should NOT be different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incidentally, I do not mean to impugn your work, hdonk.  It must be a hell of an undertaking to port Firefox, as you have been doing...but WHY in the name of all the nine hells, do they have to do updates SO OFTEN??

Once a month is hardly "so often". And they do it because the web is a surprisingly flexible medium, and as web designers come up with different ways of producing web pages browser developers come up with better ways of rendering those different ways of producing web pages.

but WHY in the name of all the nine hells, do they have to do updates SO OFTEN??
Why do you have to complain SO OFTEN ? :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, you are often asking for fixes / features, and so on, and for once that one software does this regularly you are complaining. Why ?  

but WHY in the name of all the nine hells, do they have to do updates SO OFTEN??
Why do you have to complain SO OFTEN ? :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, you are often asking for fixes / features, and so on, and for once that one software does this regularly you are complaining. Why ?  
Because it is the one piece of software THAT DOES NOT NEED FIXING!!  Half the time, they break more than they fix!

My point being...if it works...don't fartz with it!

I'm using a Firefox about five versions back right now and it works just fine.

When I ask for fixes...it's because something is actually broken.

I'm just making a point that this stuff gets updated far too often.  And all in the childish pursuit of ever-higher Version numbers.

I notice no difference between updates, normally.  This is on my Windows PC, mind you.  Except for the aggrivation of broken plug-ins (thngs breaking) I see no difference in performance.

So, maybe if I wait about ten Versions between updates, I might ACTUALLY see a real difference.

Which means they could wait the time of ten updates, and just do one.

Back