Release Firefox 20 in repo

As usual, great news!

EDIT:

In PND Manager it's still called Firefox 19.0

EDIT 2:

Seems to work fine.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this have that new flash plugin in it?(not downloaded it yet)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, that was quick. I wasn't even aware a new Firefox was out and there's already a PND. Thanks for your fast and continued support. I shall of course test-drive this immediately.

To disable  this click to activate plugin message:

2012-12-20-12-11-58-0ab806.png

In the Firefox address bar, type "about:config" and press "enter".
    A caution box stating "This might void your warranty..." will pop up.
    Select the "I'll be careful. I promise." box by left-clicking your mouse.
    In the search box, type "extensions.blocklist.enabled" and press "enter".
    If the line is present, it should have the boolean value "true".
    If the value is "true", toggle the value to "false" by double-clicking the line.

To disable  this click to activate plugin message:

2012-12-20-12-11-58-0ab806.png

so now we have just activated a vulnerable plugin? imo not the best fix...

shouldnt we try to replace the so-file?

wget http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.275/install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz
tar -xf install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz
sudo cp libflashplayer.so /mnt/utmp/hdonk_firefox_001/lib/firefox-19.0/plugins/libflashplayer.so
cp: cannot create regular file `/mnt/utmp/hdonk_firefox_001/lib/firefox-19.0/plugins/libflashplayer.so': Operation not permitted

however its not working, if someone knows the solution, please tell me! a proper firefox package would be even more awesome!

wget http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.275/install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz
 however its not working, if someone knows the solution, please tell me! a proper firefox package would be even more awesome!
Well, looks like you're downloading the x86 version. You need an ARM build for the Pandora.
However, didn't Adobe say they weren't supporting mobile (ie ARM) devices any more. In other words, if not already, you'll only ever have an outdated version

thanks for the infos, well then the solution of dgame is perfect!

Thanks, it works here.

I noticed that the about firefox still says 19.0, but after restarting the pandora it now shows 20.0

And I still cant get xmarks to install. It says 

"Xmarks could not be installed because Firefox cannot modify the needed file"

Is it a permission problem? Or is there a way to install it manually?

I tried some different firefox versions and xmarks versions, but still the same problem. I did try the Slackware OS that comes with firefox 18.0, and there xmarks installed and synced without problems.

Well I fired up version 20 and it loaded in and my homepage came pretty fast. Worked nice with my NAS drive software also (a little slow, but still ok to use). I went to the Pandora homepage and could get the video, but did get the sound. Anything else I need to do here?

fullscreen video (youtube etc.)! nice! seems to be faster. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried a HTML 5 video on youtube. The video itself plays but I have just for about one sec sound? Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Back