File Explorer Help

elinscheid

Hi people,
I am unable to get my GP2X to recognise any SD cards I try. Perhaps a firmware update would help. But how could I get the firmware update onto my GP2X with out a SD card?
When I connect the GP2X to my XP computer via USB, nothing is recognised. No unknown devices in the Device Manager, no prompts of any kind.
When you go into the File Exporer utility on the GP2X, should you be able to see the directories and folders located in both the NAND and SD memory? If I chose to look at either one I get a blank screen and have to exit back out. Now if I have nothing in the NAND or SD memory then I could understand not finding any files, but shouldn't I at least be able to view the root directory? Should I be able to see any system files? Seeing only a blank screen makes me nervous.
Between not being able to use SD cards and not being able to communicate with my computer, I feel like I have a 200 dollar paper weight. I am not happy.

USB doesnt work for me either... :(

theres no files in the explorer becuase A) You cant see system files (I dont think) and B) you didnt upgrade...?

Formatted FAT32? If yes, try using mkdosfs win32 build (http://www.mager.org/mkdosfs) with -v -F 32 X:. BTW DON'T use USB Transfer, it's SLOOOOOOOOOW. Use a good Card reader. :D

The cards are formated in FAT32. Is that not what they should be? If the card is formatted correctly, when I go into the Explorer on the GP2X, should I see the root directory of the card or will I only see a blank screen? I have Quake on the card but when I select SD card I only see a blank green screen. It just seems like I have no way of know if my GP2X actually sees the SD card or not. My palm device beeps to let me know it is seen and mounts it automatically.

The cards are formated in FAT32. Is that not what they should be? If the card is formatted correctly, when I go into the Explorer on the GP2X, should I see the root directory of the card or will I only see a blank screen? I have Quake on the card but when I select SD card I only see a blank green screen. It just seems like I have no way of know if my GP2X actually sees the SD card or not. My palm device beeps to let me know it is seen and mounts it automatically.

Try this...

With the system on, insert your card.
Then turn the system off and wait a couple of seconds.
Turn the system back on with the card in.

This is what I needed to do for my GP2x to recognise my SD card.

Hope this helps,
Igboo

Last edited by a moderator:
Back