Few General Questions

Cpasjuste

Hi, i have made some crappy applications and ports for the PSP, and i would like to go on the gp2x. I have just buy one from play-asia that will arrive soon. It's why i would like to have one or two answers :

- What is the better toolchain with the most up to date libs to use on linux.

- What is the best way to have a nice shell on the gp2x for devel (ssh, telnet ?)

- What is the advantage to use the serial adapter over ssh for exemple..

Thanks in advance,
Cpasjuste.

Cpasjuste said:
Hi, i have made some crappy applications and ports for the PSP, and i would like to go on the gp2x. I have just buy one from play-asia that will arrive soon. It's why i would like to have one or two answers :
Welcome to the gp2x homebrew scene, you won't regret it!

Cpasjuste said:
- What is the better toolchain with the most up to date libs to use on linux.
I consider oopo's tool chain as the better one. her you can get an overiew of all of them.
Toolchains

Cpasjuste said:
- What is the best way to have a nice shell on the gp2x for devel (ssh, telnet ?)
Some possebilities are discussed here currently. Seems that telnet or via the samba server are the way to go. Methods of dev

Cpasjuste said:
- What is the advantage to use the serial adapter over ssh for exemple..
uh.. uhm.. I dunno... Just have a look at the wiki or join us at #gp2xdev (EFNET). Someone will know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks synkro :)

Yeah i have read the wiki yesterday but about the Oopo's toolchain they say : "Although this toolkit is quite nice, it is no longer the best toolkit available in terms of optimization." It's why i was not sure, but i use the oopo's toolchain for the psp and it's for sure the best one, so i will go for it on the gp2x too :)

You should probably go for the Open2x toolchain if you're setting up a new toolchain now. Oopo's it out of date, has a strange naming scheme if you want to port anything with a configure script and will no longer be updated.

Arg ... i have an error with the open2x toolchain on powerpc, and can't find any info on this around :( :

CODE

checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
configure: error: no acceptable grep could be found in /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games...etc

and i have the last version of grep :/ :

CODE

cpasjuste@Xenon:~/svn/open2x/toolchain$ grep -V
grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1

Back