Fba2x B71 Non-working Games

bomberman

Wanted to kick off a issues topic for FBA since many people are interested in non-working games so the devs can maybe respond.

I tried bbakraid and got the following errors:

insmod: not found

so I exported the path with /sbin and got:

Using /lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/drivers/input/joydev.o
insmod: unresolved symbol input_close_device
insmod: unresolved symbol input_register_minor
insmod: unresolved symbol input_unregister_minor
insmod: unresolved symbol input_open_device
insmod: unresolved symbol input_register_handler
insmod: unresolved symbol input_unregister_handler

Tried bloodwar and got the same results. Is there maybe a workaround for this?

Well, I should have run a working game because they exhibit the same joydev symptoms. I guess then I have no output for the actual failures and this topic may be moot. :(

Actually, this report is really interesting since it can explain a weird joystick issue with some F200. Which console and firmware do you use?

juanvvc said:
Actually, this report is really interesting since it can explain a weird joystick issue with some F200. Which console and firmware do you use?
In my sig (F200(A),4.0.0)

But that gave me an idea. Put it on my cradle and turned on USB hub, re-ran and got a new message:

Using /lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/drivers/input/joydev.o
insmod: A module named joydev already exists

Either way, that doesn't explain anything about the non-working games. Looks like no errors appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I recall, the only drivers that fba2x supports are neogeo, cps1 and cps2, cave, tayto and system 16. MAWS says that Blood Warrior uses kaneko16, that is not included in fba2x and then this game cannot run. Anyway, thanks for your research on fba2x errors!

juanvvc said:
As I recall, the only drivers that fba2x supports are neogeo, cps1 and cps2, cave, tayto and system 16. MAWS says that Blood Warrior uses kaneko16, that is not included in fba2x and then this game cannot run. Anyway, thanks for your research on fba2x errors!

I guess that's why the usage output says "Supported (but not necessarily working via fba-gp2x) roms". Bummer. I will look into more research next time. Too bad none of us (including me) are taking the time to update the wiki. Too many variables :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back