Favorite Homebrew Games!

levi1123

[Prometheus] [Removed due to the file in question being a hacked ROM image]

[update] [~Levi~] Working on extracting the IPS file and uploading it to my server, please wait...]

Just crashed headlong into this. So far after getting to Oil Ocean, I'm loving the idea. Plays very fluently, and I wonder now why this hadn't been thought of back in the Genesis days...

Please post others! =)

Edit: Technically this isn't homebrew, but modded, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to potentially nip this thread in the bud before it starts, but if it involves copyright infringing stuff, you can't link to it, I'm afraid.

I'll drop ED a PM to see what the deal is with things like IPS patches, though, as I'm not sure on that.

just so everyone is clear, theres classic zelda, and 3 more legend of zelda homebrew games available on the pandora, all four of them to be found somewhere on openpandora.org. that is all.

Just reporting back to say that ED has noted that IPS patches are fine, as they only include the changes to the original file. So, ~Levi~, if you can make an IPS patch and re-host it, that's fine.

With the above said, I'd like to recommend this particularly devious hack of Mega Man 2 (which is, of course, in IPS form). A warning, though: The final stages are hugely difficult. :p

Just reporting back to say that ED has noted that IPS patches are fine, as they only include the changes to the original file. So, ~Levi~, if you can make an IPS patch and re-host it, that's fine.

With the above said, I'd like to recommend this particularly devious hack of Mega Man 2 (which is, of course, in IPS form). A warning, though: The final stages are hugely difficult. :p

Cool, thanks for not ripping me a new thread over this =P I'll just have to see what I can do to make an IPS patch for this.

Yes, they easily match Megaman 9's Endless Mode in quality. Only difference is, these use segments of pre-existing stages, rather than MM9's entirely new endless levels.

Oh, dear. I found Mega Man 9 to be a game bogged down by terrible stage design, with a focus on little but unfair deaths caused by that bad design. I guess I'll give those a miss...

Last edited by a moderator:
The endless mode hacks for Megaman 3 and 5 use levels from their respective games, NOT Megaman 9.

sorry if it's totally unrelated, but while you are speaking of megaman I'll drop a line there.

have you already played on "Journey to Silius" prometheus? I don't recall seeing it mantionned on this board (I have bad memory and am quite lazy with the search button...)

I spend more time than I am proud to admit on Mario rom hacks. I finished Kaizo Mario last week without save states, I have never been so proud of myself :p

screen.png

Back