Fancy Porting This Anyone?

c0ncept

H.R. Gigers wet dream
Website
Visit site
have a look at this

I'm not sure if the source code is freely available, however if there is any interest in this and someone is willing to port it I will certainly see if I can get the source code from the author (it's free you see but I'm not sure if it's open source).

And I know we already have that garfield comic strip viewer but this seems more functional (...don't kill me for that ;) )

i think .cbr (or comic sequences) reader apps for gp had been requested several times before. but no progress had been made. maybe because of the sources for these apps in this case comics (or one file .cbr file) are huge on sizes. (both in resolution and filesize)

Furthermore, I don't really see the need for one. cbz and cbr are just rar files. If you compress pictures well, you don't need to rar them up again, there's not much won. The only real advantage it would have would be file organisation, but I just make some folders and lo and behold, I have a similar organisation as with rar files. Really, I see no need and I am probably the one who uses his GP32 for reading comics the most. We have some great picture viewers really - increasing loading/scanning speed (if at all possible) would really be all I would ask for.

Back