F100 Mk2 D-pad Mod

Website
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I'm a happy gp2x user for almost 3 years now and yesterday was the worst day of my life when my sister just find a way to break the stick while playing MarioWorld on PocketSNES. :(
But I'am quite a lucky guy, a few days ago I installed open2x DR7, that's saved my unit from the graveyard, because I can use a USB pad.
But I want to play in the bus or train !
I remember that some of you have modded some unit with d-pad, but I can't find details about how to do that.
Where can I find a detailed HOWTO ?

Last edited by a moderator:
First, how broken is your stick? Is it completely broken out, or is it just "limp". Because it may have just popped out of it's socket.

See here:
[ wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GP2X_Issues#Joystick_Limp_and_Unresponsive ]

I try to pull, push, rotate but nothing good happened.
I can can feel inside the socket some "plots" but can't find a way to fix the stick inside.
The sick is soft, and did not go back to center position, the push button is still working, but it's useless :(

Last edited by a moderator:
When you do the d-pad mod, its a good idea not to desolder the existing joystick, as the board is multi-layer; snip off the pins and grind them flat (carefully), then chop up a small d-pad and board (eg a game and watch keychain, or GB for example) and wire the traces to the back pins where the old joystick used to be.

Back