Everything I Tried Seems Slow

Langlest

Still Fresh
i got my caanoo today and updated the firmware to the latest version

so far i have tried cps2, snes & megadrive but they all seem too slow

the cps2 emulator seems a bit jerky as if its skipping every other frame, the snes emulator seems the same but it will sometimes pause for a moment and the megadrive emulator had some slowdown and jerkyness

are all emulators like this? if they are i think ill sell it on and try to make some money back on it

Langlest said:
i got my caanoo today and updated the firmware to the latest version

so far i have tried cps2, snes & megadrive but they all seem too slow

the cps2 emulator seems a bit jerky as if its skipping every other frame, the snes emulator seems the same but it will sometimes pause for a moment and the megadrive emulator had some slowdown and jerkyness

are all emulators like this? if they are i think ill sell it on and try to make some money back on it

post like this piss me off, but i'll try to keep my temper...

the caanoo is a new system, it's community based which means the community makes the software and emulators.. since it's a new system the software is new and not as good as on systems that have had support from the community for a long time...you should have done your research and it's logical as well.. Instead you could have gotten a wiz, dingoo or pandora... I don't even think they will take your caanoo back based on what you wrote here, you don't return a dvd player either because you don't like the movies (dvd discs) it's basically the same your saying here...

just be patient, and give it time software will become better....

Last edited by a moderator:
*shrug*

Picodrive and snes9x4C work beautifully for me, at least in the games I've played. I'm sure they aren't perfect in all games, but the system has also only been available for less than three months. Expect major improvements over time... but honestly, it already seems well worth the money.

thanks for the replies, i didnt mean to sound ignorant and i guess i could have worded it better :)
what was trying to ask was if the other handhelds like the wiz had these problems when they launched? and if they run perfectly now?

if so i will definetly be keeping it, i just cant enjoy a game when there is slowdown or stuttering of any kind

the only snes games i tried were super mario allstars and mortal kombat 2

ill try some more and see how i get on with them

The Caanoo is pukka - and I love it so far - yes its well new so will only get better over time,
As for Mortal Kombat II - it works great for me and dont think its slow at all,
Like joyrider says be patient and you watch this console grow like the rest ;)

PicoDrive runs flawless on my Caanoo, this is my fav emulator, dont know what sort of slowdown you are talking about but i think you arent doing something right. Perhaps you arent configuring it correctly?

Jengo said:
PicoDrive runs flawless on my Caanoo, this is my fav emulator, dont know what sort of slowdown you are talking about but i think you arent doing something right. Perhaps you arent configuring it correctly?

very strange. i dont see any slowdown with picodrive. ( except for 32x games)

maybe i have a faulty sd card or something, it happens when i get hit and lose a lot of rings in the sonic games (i expected this and its not really a problem) and it stutters when im running fast through a level

Langlest said:
maybe i have a faulty sd card or something, it happens when i get hit and lose a lot of rings in the sonic games (i expected this and its not really a problem) and it stutters when im running fast through a level

Sonic games are some of my favorite, all sonic games play perfect on picodrive (except knuckles chaotix because its a 32x game), i think you are right, you probably have a bad SD card or a really slow one. Try using a newer SD card that is rated for higher speeds, see if that helps ;)

The SD Card really shouldn't have anything to do with emulation speed.

For what its worth, I remember some games running slow on the original systems in some cases. If it ran slow then, it won't be any faster now. If its been 15 years since you've played it, it may just be something that you never noticed before.

well, thats true but ive been playing sonic since it first came out, there isnt really any slowdown that is in the actual game, and he said in particular that its when he looses all his rings. i dont remember that happening.

Jengo said:
well, thats true but ive been playing sonic since it first came out, there isnt really any slowdown that is in the actual game, and he said in particular that its when he looses all his rings. i dont remember that happening.
+1

yeah i played it since it was release on Genesis more than 15 years ago. no slowdown at all

Jengo said:

I can't be certain, but short moments of slowdown when Sonic loses a lot of rings does seem familiar. Pretty sure it'd be an artifact of the original console rather than the Caanoo though, as Sonic runs like greased lightning in Picodrive for me.

thanks for the replies, i just decided to format my stick and try the cps2 emu again and for some reason its working a lot better now :)

ill have another try with the genesis games next

Back