Everyone is from Canada?

directive0

Very Active Member
I'm noticing little flags next to everyone's profile info near their avatar on the left, for most people this appears to be a Canadian flag. Even ED shows up as being from Canada.

HUH?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 3.36.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 3.36.29 PM.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 197
It's showing all flags properly for me (using Chrome at work). ED's is definitely the German flag and mine is the Union flag for UK. What browser are you using, maybe that's the problem?

Not a problem to me, just thought I'd pass it along.

Happens to me on Safari and Chrome, haven't tried firefox, edge, tenfourfox, etc etc etc.

I suppose it is something that must be inserted server-side, else everyone could have been able to see IPs of everyone, so seems strange to me that the issue is on the browser...

Maybe people are just using VPNs or proxies

yeah i'm getting very strange behavior with the countries. sometimes ED's from germany, sometimes canada, or france...

seems like the first day it worked ok, but now it's weird.

For me it changes all the time. I opened this thread a minute ago and everyone was French. Now everyone is German.

...I've just refreshed this page and all the flags changed...

Just refreshed this page, and all the flags I'd been watching did remain the same for me. I do have a surprising number of people from Panama though, and Eki seems to have become German.

Our secret society is going to reveal itself eventually :(

PowerGod is the only one that never identifies anywhere. So he mustn't be real.

And you've apparently moved to Finland, Wally. Ooh, everyone's moved to finland except myself and powergod in this thread now.

Looks to me like this feature might not quite be ready for prime time.

Just refreshed this page, and all the flags I'd been watching did remain the same for me. I do have a surprising number of people from Panama though, and Eki seems to have become German.
Well, I did open this thread a few moments ago. So maybe the country field is somehow being overwritten when someone opens a thread? It doesn't seem very consistent though.

In Firefox, at least in mine, refreshing is not enough, but after closing and reopening a tab the flags change

Wait - now refreshing was sufficient...

Some of you actually seem Turkish from here, some of you obviously aren't.

In Firefox, at least in mine, refreshing is not enough, but after closing and reopening a tab the flags change

I think there's some timeout. Half of this page just switched from panamanian to italian when I did a shift-refresh (I think that forces a proper reload, but I'm not sure).

I would guess it's using the wrong person's session for all people who haven't fetched a page recently. Mine sticks at the correct country for me at least. Anyone getting the wrong country for themselves?

Edit: Looking just now I saw unlikely Panamanians, Italians and USians. It's not using one person's session for everyone.

Now that's interesting. I didn't think such a plugin could do so weird stuff :D
I'll check whether it has some settings :)

Or maybe this is becoming the best black-hat forum... we are untraceable !! MWAHAHAHAHHAH

Yeah, refreshing did the thing.
Or maybe this is becoming the best black-hat forum... we are untraceable !! MWAHAHAHAHHAH
Really? I never saw a black-hat forum before. The nearest one I know would be a gray-hat forum, which is LeakForums. (This is how you ruin a joke, sorry :( )

Yeah they're messed up for me too. Some of them are correct, like ED has the German one, but some are odd, like @Yoyobuae with Panama.

Back